Can add to my tank at the same time:
1 lettuce nudybranch
1 orange tree sponge
5 shaving brushes
3 feather dusters
I don't really think so but it won't hurt to ask
Any suggestions??? Thanks!!!

oregonbud

Thanks for posting your tanks specific's it helps everyone give you better advice.
The first thing I would suggest is to raise your specific gravity .021 is a bit on the low side (I am assuming you mean 21ppt when you wrote it out - never can tell tho so if I am incorrect let me know) The majority of people with reef tanks have 35ppt SG which correlates into 1.024-1.025 on the salinity measure.
Tree sponges are a bit difficult to care for, they require pristine water conditions, and you must be very careful to never expose the sponge to air, or it can cause the sponge to die in the air exposed area.
Shaving brushes require good light (as do any plant) and I am not sure if your current lighting is adequate for their growth, may want to wait on other replies for more info on them.
The nudibranch also relies on photosynthesis so you may want to upgrade your lighting for that as well, nudibranchs are cool but I don't think I have heard much sucess in keeping them long term.

lesleybird

Hey I thought sponges die in water that is too clean. I read that they live off of disolved organics in the water and micro plankton. A well skimmed and pristine tank leaves the sponge to starve? I think that my orange ball sponge starved to death because my tank was too clean and my water quality was very good.
Lesley

oregonbud

Originally posted by Lesleybird
Hey I thought sponges die in water that is too clean. I read that they live off of disolved organics in the water and micro plankton. A well skimmed and pristine tank leaves the sponge to starve? I think that my orange ball sponge starved to death because my tank was too clean and my water quality was very good.
Lesley

I think it depends on the sponge honestly, I have never had a tree sponge, but was at the LFS just the other day looking at them and was told that they are pretty hard to keep for those reasons, also doing some reading online indicates similar beliefs. I could be wrong tho - it certainly wouldn't be the first time, and it won't be the last :)