Can someone identify this?

troubltime

This has been growing in my tank for months and it just gets bigger and bigger. I moved one of my lr's to get a good picture of it. Anyone know what it is and if it is good or bad?

bustedup21

:eek: IMO it looks like an anenomea called aptasia. I have been killing mine with some stuff called joes juice because if you get a whole bunch of the suckers they can kill your livestock and take over your tank. Use google and look it up and you will see a lot of pics and description about them. They are basically a hitchhiker on lr. that is my .02 worth.

lovethesea

our LFS swears by Joes Juice too. He can't keep it in. Do you have a peppermint shrimp in your tank by chance?
Just be careful how you rid your tank of this guy. They have a tendancy to spread. Some here have rigged a syringe and airplane tubing and injected theirs with hot water. Do a search on Aptasia here.. hopefully someone with direct experience will chime in.

troubltime

Thanks a lot for answering. It figures it is a bad guy! :mad: I think there may be more than one in my tank. I will get to the LFS tomorrow and juice the little bugger.
lovethesea: No, I don't have a peppermint shrimp. Why do you ask?