can someone post a picture of what 25lbs of.......

a9chooch

can someone post a pic of how much 25lbs of fiji live rock from swf.com looks like.i want to get an idea of how much u get.thanks

akinda

if you have a 55 gal then youll prob need more. i dont have a pic right now but bought 40-45lbs and i had 6 and it only fills up about half my tank high covered with lr. the top half is all water but i had to chase a fish trying to catch him so it doesnt look to good. but when i move it and get the rock setup right then it will be ok.

a9chooch

i already hve about 35lbs of rock in there and i want to see how much 25lbs looks like and how the rock looks like from swf.thats why i want a pic

viper_930

Here is my 20-21 lbs of fiji LR, but I didn't get it from here. You might not getg 25 lbs of LR if ordering from here because it is listed as 20-25 lbs and that weight includes the packaging materials too.

akinda

when i bought mine it said 45-50lbs with packaging it weighed 45lbs on the box and the are some real nice peices but id say there was prob 2 lbs of rubble in the bottomof the box

neowind

Heres what my 25 pound order looked like I got from here excluding the white rock to the bottom right. I got the order from here SWF.com

a9chooch

nice rock,thanks everyone.when u got your rock did you put it in your tank right away or put it in a seperate tank first to cure it

neowind

It depends if it is fully cured rock or partially cured rock. If its not completely cured you can't add it to a display without having problems. If you are starting a first tank and cycling it then it would be fine to add it directly.

akinda

i put mine right in but i didnt have any fish i had 20lbs but then all my fish died and i bought 40lbs from here.then waited about 3 weeks and started adding more fish but im not sure if youi do or not

sleeri

I purchased 20-25 pounds of Fiji premium LR from SWF.com for my 55G. I'd say it was closer to 25 pounds. Sorry no pics. They told me that it was cured and that I could put it right in the tank and that's exactly what I did. The skimmer went a little crazy, but I had no other problems to speak of. When I got the LR my tank had already been setup for about 7 months and I had fish and a clean up crew living in it. They showed no signs of stress. I was extremely pleased with my order.

a9chooch

ok,i heard of other people buying live rock from this site and after they put it in their fish died.just to be safe im going to cure it in a seperate tank before adding to my display tank.what rock do you think is better to buy on this site,the fiji or flordia rock?:thinking: :happyfish