can there be to much corals in one tank?????

i have a lot of mushrooms,yellow polyps, zoos, xenias, and leather coral.
and i wondering when enough is enough. iam SO addicted to softies..
any advice would be greatful...
i feed phyto to them once every 4 or so days...

reefkprz

you can put as many as you have space for and are willing to supply the required elements. cal... etcetera. remember softies grow relativly quickly and one you like may over run you really like, but softie tanks can basicly be wall to wall matts of coral flesh, I have even seen zoanthids growing in between the stalks of anthelia accross the base tissue of the anthelia because there was no where else for them to spread to. its a neat effect but the faster growing corals always win out.

yeah my zoos have taken off they are growing very fast, blue mixed with red mixed with green mixed with purple. looks very pretty. i have zoos on the left side of my tank and shrooms on thed right. so i hoping they stay apart for a while

reefkprz

Originally Posted by goober_hunter
yeah my zoos have taken off they are growing very fast, blue mixed with red mixed with green mixed with purple. looks very pretty. i have zoos on the left side of my tank and shrooms on thed right. so i hoping they stay apart for a while
the mixed zoas is where you are going to see the domination first by the sounds of it, with mixing zoas the fastest growing is going to smother the other colors, usually this is the least colorfyul variety for some reason but not always. got any pictures of your tank I would love to see some. (especially the mixed zoas)

aztec reef

Originally Posted by goober_hunter
i have a lot of mushrooms,yellow polyps, zoos, xenias, and leather coral.
and i wondering when enough is enough. iam SO addicted to softies..
any advice would be greatful...
i feed phyto to them once every 4 or so days...
is enuf when you don't have any more room in any direction for it to grow..Yeah faster growing corals will dominate the slower ones.. Since that's what corals do, they compete for space and survible..