Can you get from getting some tank saltwater in your mouth.

flight

ok here is the story i was siphoning my tank and i accidently got some in my mouth...i spit it out immediatly and brushed my teeth and rinsed with scope...can you get sick or die from this?
this might be a dumb question but i would like to know
i mean u get ocean water in your mouth don't you?
anyone?

drew2005

Its fine if you get a little bit in your mouth. Your not going to get sick or die. Unless you drink a gallon of saltwater i wouldnt worry about it.

xtech

i used to have a buddy that died from it,apparantly he had some used sand in the tank that came from a tank with dead anenomes in it.....he felt fine for about 10 days then he just didnt wake up.autopsy revealed the poisoning as it had destroyed most of his internal organs feom the inside out.i hope that by now you have seen a doctor and are not relying from the inexperienced people on this board that dont care if you live or die. they will tell you there is no harm in it just so they can read about you dying in your sleep when one of your loved ones posts.
see ya in the next life brotha

misty927

Ok, dramatic. I get saltwater in my mouth all the time...unless you have had a multitude of poisonous creatures decaying in your tank for some time, you will definitely be ok. And this is coming from someone who cares if you live or die. Geez xtech...although your post was humorous...let's not freak people out.

jerthunter

Ok, YOU SHOULD SEE A DOCTOR! With that said, I wouldn't see a doctor if I drank aquarium water.
That is all...

jerthunter

Originally Posted by Jerthunter
Ok, YOU SHOULD SEE A DOCTOR! With that said, I wouldn't see a doctor if I drank aquarium water.
That is all...

Yeah he will be fine but I figured I should put this as a disclaimer... It is like when you see anything about diet or exersize on TV, they tell you to talk to your doctor before doing anything. That way we keep the lawyers sueing the doctors and not the rest of the world...

flight

ok well...like i said i didn't swallow the water so im not too worried however for future reference this is good to know.
yea the damn damnsel is alive and doing damn good ....nothing phases the

[hr]
but he is one of gods creatures and does not deserve to die...so if you like you can have him or we can give him back to the store.

drew2005

Originally Posted by xtech
i used to have a buddy that died from it,apparantly he had some used sand in the tank that came from a tank with dead anenomes in it.....he felt fine for about 10 days then he just didnt wake up.autopsy revealed the poisoning as it had destroyed most of his internal organs feom the inside out.i hope that by now you have seen a doctor and are not relying from the inexperienced people on this board that dont care if you live or die. they will tell you there is no harm in it just so they can read about you dying in your sleep when one of your loved ones posts.
see ya in the next life brotha
Thats kinda harsh. If we didnt care we wouldnt have answered the post. And it is still ok if you got a little water in your mouth. Your friend was an extreme case. Relax and stop trying to scare the guy.

stingrayjs

Gaithersburd, Nice rite next door to me, im in germantown. We should get together one day. I have been looking for others on the who are in the hobby so we can all help each other out.

symon

I would really like to think that post was meant to be funny, cause if it wasn't I AM GONNA DIE