Can you recommend a key board cell phone? NOT a blackberry!

miaheatlvr

No IPHONE'S either, They will rob her for it! For my 14 year old soon to be niece in South America, can even be 2 or 3 seasons ago, does not need to be a current model. I will be purchasing for her via the A uction site.. Thanks All!

hlcroghan

My bf has the voyager which is really awesome, and makes me so jealous.....and he loves it to death. I swear if that phone had arms and other necessary parts, he would leave me and begin the love affair of Mike and his voyager....lol

gmann1139

LG's nV and nV2 are both nice. LG's a quality brand too, like the cheap Motorola's.
How high end are you looking? I'm assuming not smart-phone, since it probably won't work on the service down there.

miaheatlvr

Just something she can text with, Does NOT have to be a "real" smart phone eother (lol) and can even be an older model.. regards!

mimzy

I have the LG Rumor - the DH has one too. WE LOVE THEM. LOVE LOVE LOVE. There is NOTHING we would change about these phones and that is HUGE for us, as we are extremely picky about these things.

mkzimms

for an older phone i like the 8125 PPC or its new model the vx6800. im currently using a blackjack II and i swear by it, best phone ive ever had.

stdreb27

I really liked my HTC ppc6700 (aka mogul) but you're talking major $$$. I'm assuming it needs to be GSM?
I'd personally look for an old sidekick or something to that effect, there should be a gazillion of them floating around still, if I remember right they should be quad band. check out this website phonescoop.com they have some good concise info on mobile phones.

Sidekicks are crap I use to work for t mo and you wouldnt believe the stories.. Nokia makes a nice quad band phone.. I think its a Nokia 6800 not to new not to old. Just one bad ace texting phone!

alexknight

I have the LG voyager and I love this damn phone, one its but LG and its one of the best brands out there ( I think ) and 2 I can not count how many times i dropped it, it still works like new! its very easy to use.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by indigobluetc
http:///forum/post/2731890
Sidekicks are crap I use to work for t mo and you wouldnt believe the stories.. Nokia makes a nice quad band phone.. I think its a Nokia 6800 not to new not to old. Just one bad ace texting phone!
All phones are crap, and I sold cellphones for 4 years, I've heard ALL the stories.

el guapo

I had the side kick 2,3 and the blackberry pearl . The side kick was great the only reason I got the BB was it acted as a modem . After a month of the slow internet speeds I went back to the side kick . I too had the T mob employee inside scoop and have herd stories about every make model and brand.

demartini

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
http:///forum/post/2731913
Got good reviews and basic enough.. Even with a cam and mp3 player... all for around $100
LG VX9800
My friend used to have that phone and she loved it!!!
I'm happy with my LG voyager.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
http:///forum/post/2731913
Got good reviews and basic enough.. Even with a cam and mp3 player... all for around $100
LG VX9800
That phone most likely won't work in a foreign country or pretty much anywhere in south america.

alix2.0

i have the samsung sch u-740 (newer models are called "alias") and i love it. its like a sidekick for people who arent cool enough (or dont have the chedda) to have a real sidekick. its a keyboard when you open it landscape wise, and a regular phone when you open it like a normal phone. its kind of weird to dial numbers on it, but its a really nice little phone. i send about 100-200 texts a day & its perfect for that.

alix2.0

oh, i didnt pay attetion to the south america part. i dont know if they make those phones in a global version.

stdreb27

Just an FYI from someone who spend way too long selling phones. There are two main types of digital programming languages. CDMA and GSM. GSM is the more globally used system. Infact CDMA really isn't used much at all out side the USA. Basically when you are looking for a phone, you need to find one that has been used on T-mobile or AT&T/Cingulars system since they use GSM. Depending on the location you'll probably need a quad band phone. To make it simple if it doesn't take a sim card it probably won't work. And if it does you need to make sure they use the correct badwidth. Any quad band phone will do the trick, a tri-band phone might, depending on the location.