Can you tell be what this is?

bacia

About 4 months ago a bought a tank, equipment, live rock and inhabitants from a person. They couldn't tell me what this creature is but I really like it. I dont think it's an anemone because I can't find a mouth. It has grown from a dime size to a bit bigger than a silver dollar size. Any ideas what it is? It must be a filter feeder because it has grown but I don't feed it anything special.
Hope the pics are good enough. I'm not too good with the camera. It is the little pink/purple bumpy mat like creature. It's round like a mushroom but has very, very short "tentacles" or very, very tall bumps. They move when the current hits them. Thanks.

bacia

This is a really bad picture but it's the best I can do with my old camera. Please try to figure out what it is if you can.

promisetbg

It looks like a filter feeding cucumber to me. Hold on...I'll show you a pic of mine so you can compare.
EDIT:This is my FF cucumber with it's tentacles extended. Does it pretty much stay in one spot?

bacia

Yes it does stay in one spot. It dosen't look anything like your cucumber. I know the pic is really bad. It is round like a mushroom but is more bumpy like a carpet anemone. I took another pic. Hope it is better.
Alright----I really suck at pictures.

hot883

Originally Posted by Bacia
Yes it does stay in one spot. It dosen't look anything like your cucumber. I know the pic is really bad. It is round like a mushroom but is more bumpy like a carpet anemone. I took another pic. Hope it is better.
Alright----I really suck at pictures.
maybe a florida ricordea

bacia

Where can I go to see pics of the ricordia and mushrooms you talked about?
BTW. Promisetbg - What kind of camera do you have to get such good pics?

promisetbg

It's a power shot Canon G-5. There should be plenty of mushroom and ricordia pics on this site. Use the search feature. Here are a few Fla ricordia pics.

frilly shrooms

hot883

Originally Posted by promisetbg
It's a power shot Canon G-5. There should be plenty of mushroom and ricordia pics on this site. Use the search feature. Here are a few Fla ricordia pics.

frilly shrooms

Looks like that clown is sniffing, "honey does the carpet smell over here or where you are at"?

bacia

Looks like I have a frilly mushroom. :jumping: I'll have to get a few more and maybe a new camera. Hope I can afford both. Thanks everyone!!

promisetbg

Originally Posted by Bacia
Looks like I have a frilly mushroom. :jumping: I'll have to get a few more and maybe a new camera. Hope I can afford both. Thanks everyone!!
You don't have to buy anymore, just keep them under good lighting and they will reward you with many many more. Hot883..LOL