Can you tell me what this is ???

javatech

the thing in the hole has two tube's and it's brown they open and close it looked like two eyes at first but they are tube's

nm reef

I also think you've got a type of tunicate and a sponge...I've had a tunicate much like yours for close to 18 months ....lost it last time I rearranged the rock work...but I'm sure its still there. There are several sponges like the pic you have in both my reef & my fish only. They never seem to grow a lot....but they don't pose a problem either.:cool:

I have one of the same pink things and when I posted someone said it was a moon sponge. Not sure if that is what it really is but thought it might help a little.
Sarah:)

clarkiiboi

Geez, I gotta thank you javatech! I have the same sponge things and tubes in my tank, but no web cam so cant post pics. I searched everywhere and had gotten no answer for months!
In the last 24 hours my unsaid questions were answered! Thanks :D

javatech

thanks for the info. i have three of the pink thing's in the tank. will the tunicate get any bigger the part that i can see is only 1/4-3/8".as long as it's safe for the tank i guess my tank is doing good :D

shadow678

Is it just me, or are the sponges that appear from the rock just fantastic? I have recently had a few BRIGHT yellow sponges begin growing from some recently-acquired rock, and it just GLOWS, a definate splash of color to that area in the tank. Mine, however, seem to grow rather quickly, but that could be because I use the NutraSea additive system, which includes Live Rock and Sponge Food. Just thought I'd mention that I really like the sponges that hitchike, especially since large sponge frags often die during shipping when they are almost inevitably exposed to air. I'll stop my rambling now. ;)