Candy Cane

watson3

How easy is it to frag a candy cane corall..Would you just cut it like you were pruining a tree?

watson3

Could be (not rude)..Just mean that havent really thought about it, but always interested adding more color...

cannonman

The "branches" break off rather easily, they also seem to do better when they get pruned back once in a while.

zoie2

how do candy canes multiply? Do they split? I bought one with 3 heads, but I see some have 15 or 20. Will mine do that or do I have to do something to it?

bronco300

yes yours wil split zoie...just give em time, i like to feed mine mysis shrimp directly, they love it and bloat up real big...i bought one with two heads that now has 6

zoie2

How long did it take for it to multiply? I'm wonder if maybe mine was on the verge of death. I feed it mysis shrimp 2-3x a week, but it always seems hungry. EVERY morning it's tenticles are out. Should I feed it every day or only 2-3 times a week?
here is a pic when I first got it mabe a month ago

here is a picture I took today. I used flash so it came out a diff. color

Ooops, sorry for stealing your thread watson.

watson3

Is not a problem....I acquired mine just as they are now..I have never seen the tentacles though...Always interested to see the different types

bronco300

yep, the tenticles will always come out at night to catch what it can...i feed mine a couple times a week, just have patience and it'll start splitting