Cannot find Southdown

sarge

Is there a good second choice when it comes to sand? None of the stores(Home Depot, Lowes..) sell Southdown. The only brand they have is made by Quikrete. Although it would cost more, is there any reason not to add all live sand?

A

alti

check your local nursery/landscaper supply store. thats where i got mine. it goes by the name "yardright" in some stores. using all live sand if fine but you are probably going to need about 200 lbs. i dont even want to know what that will cost.

slick

You can use quickrete as long as the size is small like sugar. I had to use this in my tank because I could not find southdown either.

salty star

Home depot in PA have it the sku is 578 819 upc. It seems to be an east coast thing for HD. Try calling first with the sku to see if they got. The supplier is in NJ. Hope this helps. Terry:D

pokdbz

I am in PA, where did you find a Home Depot that had Southdown sand, or Yardright? I can't find it anywhere.

salty star

there is a LFS that showed the HD in Pittsburgh have it at four stores. They had a web site but I lost it. Hope this helps. Salty:D

jackdp

I'm in South Central PA and checked 3 or 4 HD's around here and none carried it. Quickcrete playsand is ok just not as pretty...kinda grayish with black stuff in it and some bigger particles.