Canopy and Glass Top????????

looneytoons

Now that I have a new VHO light arrangement mounted in my canopy on my 75 gallon tank, do I still leave the glass top on. Is the canopy enough. I have waterproof endcaps.????????????
"Learning what not to do is the fun part"

jakob4001

depends whom you talk to; some believe going "topless" is best for better gas exchange & better air circulation for cooling better; others believe it promotes evaporation and allows some things to escape/leap out...being you have the water proof endcaps, it should be Ok to remove the glass cover; that will allow for less maintance as well except for maybe occasionally wiping the bulbs of salt creep

corky

I would get rid of the glass. With the flos you don't have to worry about water splashing on the bulbs. I run 2 110s without any glass. Never had a problem.

indy1

You will loose your eel if you go topless. I just lost a snowflake out of my 150g... It jumped out where my magnum's plumbing enters the tank..About a 12" gap at most.... It is now completely covered.....Water evaporates like crazy with no tops, and fish WILL jump out!!!!