Cant get particles out of the water!

fishytim

I have had my tank set up for 3 weeks now and I cant get these particles out of the water...
im not sure what the problem is. I think part of it is the darn clown fish loves to stir up the sand.....:help:

birdy

Perhaps a bit more info on your tank would be helpful. list everything you can about your tank, including equipment, LR, substrate, livestock,

lion_crazz

Like Birdy said, we cannot help you unless you give us more info on your tank.
You definitely should not have any fish in that tank yet though. Your ammonia and nitrites probably still have not come down all the way.

viper_930

Originally posted by lion_crazz
You definitely should not have any fish in that tank yet though. Your ammonia and nitrites probably still have not come down all the way.

The cycle would have ended well before 2 years have passed. He wouldn't need to recycle it because of changing owners of the tank, unless he changed all the LR and LS.

lion_crazz

Oh, lol, missed the part where it said "years"... honest mistake.
Still though, we don't know what he did with the water, whether he kept the same water, rock, and sand.

fshhub

fresh (as in NEW) water wont make a difference
more important, how was it moved? and how long was it apart?

T

tizzo

Wrap a knee-high (pantyhose foot) around your fish net and try to fish out the "particles". Unless it is sand, in which case you will be dealing with it for a few more weeks!! (And again when your powerhead decides to "unstick")