Can't wait to get started!

microman2k

well i have finally decided to breed my tomato clownfish! the only problem i have is that i only have one so far lol, i need to order one from here or buy on at the lfs, but any suggestions on the kind i should get to help them pair up faster? bigger one or smaller one? the tomato clown i have now has been hosting this anemone for a couple of months, do i need to buy another anemone in case they start to fight? is there anytime special i should have for my tank? its a 29 gallon...thanks for any help!:yes:

overanalyzer

what else do you have in the tank??
I'd say buy one that is live and go with a smaller one - tomatoes are reputed to be more aggressive so you may want to keep a close eye on your likely pairing as they may beat fight and your smaller one will lose - and die.
Pairing up can be rough. I hav a larger female osc. clown and she kills every male I've put in with her except one who died of another cause .... she picks and fights for about 4 weeks then just terrorizes the little sucker until he dies ....
best advice would be to try and get a mated pair of tomatoes and get ride of your current tomato clown!

microman2k

well if i am suppose to buy a smaller clown but it could be terrorized by the bigger one, what would happen if i buy a large one and put it in the tank, b/c it looks like it wouldnt be that aggresive going into a new tank, i'd think it'd be more passive and have a better chance of pairing up b/c the little, aggresive one wouldnt pick on the bigger one. i dont know lol just throwing out a possibility:notsure: :confused: