Caring for a reef tank over the weekend

I am looking after my 12 year old daughter's reef aquarium for the weekend and I don't know how to care for it. She always does every thing to care for it herself. It is the most beutiful aquarium in the world, and I do not want to kill it. Tell me all I need to do to it for about 3 days. She said to ask the people here if I had any questions. She told me some instructions, but I did not understand a word she said. HELP ME!!!

perfectdark

For 3 days? you shouldnt have to do a thing. Almost everything can survive in an aquarium for more than 3 days without outside interferance. If anything top off the water level if there is evaporation. A bucket of RO water and a container to replace what evaporates and IMO your all set.

jkcrumb

Shes testin ya mom!!!!!!!!! you really shouldnt have to do too much........As long as the lighting is on timers and you dont have to worry about empting any filters (skimmers) you should be just fine. just make sure she doses them with any additives before she leaves..........My only piece of advice would be ......enjoy the tank for yourself while shes gone.........

zeroc

must be a smart and patient kid to take care of a reef tank by herself and awesome parents to fund it.

What a smart and lucky little girl to have her own reef...
....Mom I hope you see how cool this for her...most kids that age could care less and want to spend their time playing videos. Kudos to you Mom