Cars Cars Cars

muffdiver

remeber one this find a turbo that will hav a little lag and that has alot of mid to top end power because bigger isn't always better. think about it if you can spool it at 3500 and pulling it redline youll be faster than someone thats spools at 4900 because by the time he gets into full boost your there and gone already. also your more effinecent and streetable

zsalinas

Anyway this guy I know who is building the motor has already built an 11 sec Laser so I completely trust him. He's in the process of building the 2.5L for a talon he has. We're going to copy the exact specs to put it into my car. I'm excited. I still have the stock turbo in mine and it's tiny, but it still moves for what it has.

muffdiver

Originally Posted by Zsalinas
Anyway this guy I know who is building the motor has already built an 11 sec Laser so I completely trust him. He's in the process of building the 2.5L for a talon he has. We're going to copy the exact specs to put it into my car. I'm excited. I still have the stock turbo in mine and it's tiny, but it still moves for what it has.

im not trying to prech to u im just telling you my experence with my friends dsm. lasers and gsx hav the same engines right. so if thats true your on the right track, how fast is your car now?

zsalinas

Oh I forgot to mention our goal is to build the fastest automatic. There's a shop in New Jersey that completely builds the trans. They're pretty mcuh bullet proof. I'm also going to put in a high stall torque converter. I can get it stalled up to 4500 rpm's. I don't know if you know anything about automatics, but it's always the ignorant people who talk trash on them. Considering they never lose boost between shifts and with the trans built and a shift kit installed they shift faster and harder then any stick. There's also no room for missing shifts

zsalinas

Originally Posted by muffdiver
im not trying to prech to u im just telling you my experence with my friends dsm. lasers and gsx hav the same engines right. so if thats true your on the right track, how fast is your car now?
Oh dude don't sweat it dude I hadn't even read your post yet about how bigger turbos have bad lag. I know that dude and it completey sucks. That's why I'm getting the high stall converter. Also with with it ported from a 2.0L to a 2.5L the lag will be tremendously reduced!

muffdiver

Originally Posted by Zsalinas
Oh I forgot to mention our goal is to build the fastest automatic. There's a shop in New Jersey that completely builds the trans. They're pretty mcuh bullet proof. I'm also going to put in a high stall torque converter. I can get it stalled up to 4500 rpm's. I don't know if you know anything about automatics, but it's always the ignorant people who talk trash on them. Considering they never lose boost between shifts and with the trans built and a shift kit installed they shift faster and harder then any stick. There's also no room for missing shifts

i know alot about auto your right they never lose boost or missa shift but they can blow up even the best trans ive seen blow up they were some guys at the track that raced for a $1000.00 one car was a gsx witha built trans against a supra and the dsm busted his transfer case and lose so becareful about the tranfercase, but it looks like you have some good ideas and plans. post a pic of your car im intrested to see what it looks like.

zsalinas

All I've got on my work computer is a picture of my car at a car show. I don't even know how to post pictures though I could give you the link or you could tell me how!
The trans I'd be getting also is guaranteed. If I blow it up or anything they'll rebuild it for free.

X

xrobbx03

i have a dsm but the gst model i stayed away from the gasx because of their transfercase problems. I only have the stock turbo in there with the boost turned up. I think imma be dropping the evo turbo and manifold in there this summer if i can get a good buy.

zsalinas

Originally Posted by xrobbx03
i have a dsm but the gst model i stayed away from the gasx because of their transfercase problems. I only have the stock turbo in there with the boost turned up. I think imma be dropping the evo turbo and manifold in there this summer if i can get a good buy.
The transfer case is covered by mitsubishi because the problem with them are a factory issue. I've heard of them giving people a hard time about replacing them, but it's a safety issue so legally they have to. No matter how many times it breaks as long as they don't find out you're modded they have to fix it. I've had mine for 3 years and never had a problem!

zsalinas

xrobbx03 that's very nice and clean I like it alot. I've got a custom paint job on mine. I need to figure out how to post pictures of it. The funny thing is I have the same body kit and the same mirrors on mine ha ha. I have the black housed projector headlights as well.

X

xrobbx03

really lol i have carbon fiber housed headlights and tailights but havent had a chance to put them in yet. I just got mine repainted this summer nothing special went with the 2005 EVO white when all waxed up it shines nice.

X

xrobbx03

i bet you will like this pic. This was my Trans Am i had a few years back but I no longer have because of an accident and T/As are like a tin can and crush right up. Got the money for it and thats what i got the eclipse with and the paint job and rims and stuff. The only thing i dont miss about the t/a is the gas that thing would eat gas alive pushing almost like 400hp id get gas every other day, plus in the type of car that it was it was in the shop more than i had it, that thing was a money pit.

zsalinas

Yeah that's bad ass. They say dsm's are a money pit to. Especially once you start moddin them it gets scary. I can only imagine how bad gas would be on a big V8. I can't get the pictures off of the website to post on here. It was when i had my car a car show. I have some old pictures of it but nothing new that actually does it justice. This hobby is addicting. I think that moddin cars is more expensive then owning a saltwater tank and now the two together is just a mess.

X

xrobbx03

oh i know trust me i was all about cars all my money went into my car but now that i have a saltwater tank too the money comes in goes in a second. I had initial repairs done to my dsm when i first got it i got a new clutch, some brakes, water pump, timing belt, struts, but after that i have really had any problems with its been running fine for about 6 months now. Knock on wood!

zsalinas

Yeah knock on wood for sure dude. Looks like you've got your bases covered for now. It's when you start doing stuff when you start having problems. How many lbs of boost are you runnin?

X

xrobbx03

im not sure exactly cause all i have is a manual boost controller so. Whats stock like 8-10 i say like 12 maybe. Sounds nice tho spooling i have all the greddy intercooler piping with an intake and a greddy type s BOV. It got some quickness to it.