Cat Owners: Littermaid Auto Litterbox

benihuma

Does anyone have this Littermaid thing that automatically cleans the litter out when your cat is done doing its business? How well does it work? What exact brand of litter do you use with it? Would you recommend one? Would it work with cats that are 2 and 3 years old? Thanks for the help.
Ben

csrobe02

Its awesome.. definately worth the money. Dont know what type of litter we use... but I dont really think it matters.
It took my cats a little while to get used to it... its pretty big and scary looking, but once they get used to it, it was all smooth sailing from there.
Highly reccoment it... good investment.

T

thomas712

I have three cats, and I have looked at those things before. They wanted $100 bucks for something like that and I thought I could buy alot of litter (the clumping kind) for that amount of money. Sure its a chore but $100 bucks - I'll keep cleaning it every night, until I get to old, by then I might have kids that can do it. :)
I'm not sold yet, anyone with multi cat household that thinks these things are great?
Hey Ben, you've been a member here for a long time, where have you been hiding :notsure:
Thomas

benihuma

Thanks for the replies. I guess it's a toss up. The safe bet would probably be to keep scooping out the litter.
I guess I have been a member here for a while. I guess I only speak up when I have something useful to say.
Ben

D

daniel411

I have one, paid $200 for it, and have never used it! I don't even have a cat anymore :(

kreach

We have two cats and one of those littermaid auto litterboxes and it works wonderfully! Just always use clumping litter. I will never own another litterbox where I have to manually scoop it.

T

thomas712

Really :notsure: Is it that big of a deal?
What did you pay for yours?

kreach

It's not that big of a deal, I guess... but I'm lazy. :D I'd prefer to just have to empty a plastic receptacle and add litter once a week than to manually scoop a litterbox daily.
And I think the box cost $200 when it was purchased a couple years ago. But I have seen them for $90 at Walmart recently.

D

daniel411

Originally posted by kreach
And I think the box cost $200 when it was purchased a couple years ago. But I have seen them for $90 at Walmart recently.

Grrr..., oh well.

saltymom

I ll tell ya what I use.. Walmart has these cat litter bags..there are like ten of em in a box and they all go in at once with the litter on top..ya have to get the scoopable kind. The liners have holes..then all ya do is take the first pan liner off and all the yuck goes with it..beats that plastic scooper !! ANYWAYS..sumthin else..my cat is declawed.. I know cats with claws tear plastic liners up...so it really would defeat the purpose! ...anyways..thats what i use..I love them