catching a lunear wrasse

shoogieboo

any advice? he's naughty picks on snails and hogs food i want him out!!!!!!!!! can't catch him though! :help:

dogstar

I cuaght a 4 in. Twinspot Wrasse by.........
Take a clear 2 liter soda bottle and take the lable off and clean.
Cut thru it at the top just befor the bottle bends toward the spout.
Trun the spout backwards into the bottle and tape them together w/ clear packing tape.
Fill it w/ tank water and put some food in it as bait.
Let all air out and place on the bottom of the tank and wait.
Make shur the spout is just big enough for that fish, you may have to cut it larger.
You may catch a different fish other than you want but wrasses are pretty bold and should be the first one in.
Could take awile. Took 3 hours for me to trap mine.

jjlittle

Ok I know what youo going through I had one bad advice from a local retailer. He ate about $200.00 worth of snail ,clams. I bought a fish trap loaded it with food and about 30 hous later caught and returned him to the store . Fish traps work you just need to be patient:rolleyes:

shoogieboo

was just looking at other options have had the 2ltr in my tank all day and nothing not one fish has gone in it..the wrasse rubs on it and around it but not inside...

jjlittle

the fish or should i say my fish wouldn't even look in the trap till i really loaded it with food. I bought my trap - ***********.com for about $25.

thangbom

.... yeah there are a real pain in the azz to catch.. he's about 6.5 to 7'' now.. and man he is mean.. and really fast.. it's a pint to cath him with 150 lbs or soo of live rock in the way.. anyhow.. what i do is just stick the big o net in the tank.. and leave it there for a few days.. he will get use to it beging around and he will swim close and around it some like if it was a rock.. then i just take some food.. put it in the neet as bait and scoop the bad boy out.. it's still kinda hard cuzz he can litterally jusmp out of the net... but hey..

salsells

I caught my wrasse, took me 2 hours but did what u suggested, got a platic large coke bottle, cleaned it really well, took all paper off and glue, cut out the top and put brine in bottom and submerged. He kept going in but got out before i could get bottle out so i had a net in tank from 2 days before and he was use to it, moved it over by the bottle and when he went in again, got him...My tank is so much happer and so am i, poor snails and crabs, their legs and shells are everywhere. My shrimp even comes out now...no more Wrasse's.

unleashed

to catch mine i had to remove all LR from my tank.tg I was going to do that anyways.still took me a good 20 min to catch him without LR in my tank.they are mean buggers.

aquaengine

I have a large tank with a lot of rock work. I had to let my net sit in the tank for a few hours until the wrasse started poking around in it. I then dangled some shrimp just above the surface of the water above the net then BAM! I scoped him up on the first try. I think I got lucky. Lucky after he ate 6 feather dusters and countless hermit crabs. He was a striking specimen, and he will be missed.

danedodger

Think that's tough? Try catching a baby bar goby out of a sump who's construction only leaves a few inches of room over the top and a million hiding spots for the lil booger!!!! Arggghh!!!