catching fish in aquarium with lots of live rock

giantregal

ok i am converting my tank to a reef,
i need to take out 2 triggers and an eel,
what is the easiest way of catching them?
a net does not work well, i dont want to move my rock and stress out all my other fish
is there any trap made to catch fish or anything like that?

jimnlee

I have a similar problem with a couple of over agressive damsels. I thought about waiting until night when they are sleeping and using a flashlight to catch them quickly before they wake up. Has anyone tried that? Thanks

sharkboy

I had the same problem with a yellow tailed damsel. He staked out about a third of my 55 gal. and chased and blew sand up at anyone that came near his territory. Last night I put in the bottle trap that is talked about on this web. Around 10:30 a.m. this morning he was in the trap. What goes around , comes around. I took him to the lfs today. Good luck to the next to get him. There is about 70lbs. of rock in the tank and this was the only way to get him. IT WORKED! Try the bottle trap.

euphoria

I tried for a day to catch my Tang amidst all the LR in the tank and place it in freshwater (for f/w dips) but was unsuccessful. I gave up on it and went w/ the medication instead of f/w dips :D

saltyj

When catching my damsels to bring them back I just dumped a gallon of that stuff that you clean your white laundry with......................oh yeah bleach. Ironically they floated right to the top of the tank................................Just kidding. I ended up taking all my LR out and they stayed in one rock and I shook them out into a net. PLEASE DO NOT DO THE BLEACH THING IT WAS A JOKE.
:eek: :hilarious

giantregal

Originally posted by Sharkboy
I had the same problem with a yellow tailed damsel. He staked out about a third of my 55 gal. and chased and blew sand up at anyone that came near his territory. Last night I put in the bottle trap that is talked about on this web. Around 10:30 a.m. this morning he was in the trap. What goes around , comes around. I took him to the lfs today. Good luck to the next to get him. There is about 70lbs. of rock in the tank and this was the only way to get him. IT WORKED! Try the bottle trap.

can i get more info on the bottle trap