Caught him RED HANDED!!

crzyfshygy

Well I caught my EMERALD CRAB with a blue mushroom attatched to his claw that he ripped off a rock and was straight up........EATIN IT!!!!
This will be the 3rd one I have removed for coral chompin!!
I have bubble algae in my tank and thats why I got them and I have had to remove each one. The thing is I do not learn. I keep buying them hoping one will be cool. Yes they DO eat bubble algae....but they will basically eat anything. Keep your eyes open!!!

bojik

Originally Posted by crzyfshygy
Well I caught my EMERALD CRAB with a blue mushroom attatched to his claw that he ripped off a rock and was straight up........EATIN IT!!!!
This will be the 3rd one I have removed for coral chompin!!
I have bubble algae in my tank and thats why I got them and I have had to remove each one. The thing is I do not learn. I keep buying them hoping one will be cool. Yes they DO eat bubble algae....but they will basically eat anything. Keep your eyes open!!!
I despise the crabs... they love to eat corals IME. Pretty but tend to love soft corals...

miamireefr

Got 4 emeralds in my 46 bow and although some may think thats too many they do their job and I keep them happy feeding algae pieces and my tank is nothing but softies.... guess it's all in the personality.

whitey_028

I have about 8 or 10 in my 185 with no problems but i agree it all has to do with personality... I have them in 2 of my tanks and havent had any problems with them...itswierd that ive heard horror stories from different people. I hope i stay as lucky as i have been...Im just curious cause Ive heard that males are more agressive than females???

mudplayerx

I've never had an emerald crab eat any corals, but i have had an emerald crab kill another emerald crab.

am3gross

i had an emerald eat pieces ou t of my frogspawn..... crab is now gone....... i dont know what happened to him!!!!