Caulerpa racemosa

ikemeyer

I believe I have an outbreak of "Caulerpa racemosa" with an ID through wetwebmedia. from what I have read this type of green algae can be a nusance if you have corals. So today, I irradicated most of it, but not all. I know it will come back. So here is the question I have through observation. I have a 75g tank with approx. 90lbs of LR with an Remora skimmer, eheim wet/dry, and several power heads for movement. I noticed that all of the green algae grow on the side of the tank where the spray bar for the wet/dry is located. Its almost like its reaching for it... I know the wet/dry is a bed for feeding Nitrates which is most likely why I'm seeing this behaviour from the green algae. Can I just get rid of the wet/dry and only rely on the LR and Remora skimmer(s)? I don't have a fuge or sump because my tank is not drilled and I am concerned about setting one up because of this.

scopus tang

I would seriously consider a carbon canister filter to replace the wet/dry if you aren't going to add anything else. The two doctors have a great one thats on sale till the end of the month. Might want to check it out