CC Star Help

J

jason490

Ok I confess,
I have never kept stars and did not do research on them, it was an impulse buy. Got a CC star this afternoon, he is still in the bag. I have 2 black and white percs, a couple of anemones, live rock, snails, hermit crabs, and zoos on the rocks.
I am wondering if he will bother any of these, especially the anemones and the zoos and stuff.
Thanks

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by jason490
I am wondering if he will bother any of these, especially the anemones and the zoos and stuff.
Thanks
the fish'll be fine, tho i may worry bout the corals

J

jason490

hmm, striping live rock, not good. Guess I will wait and see. As my wife is in the background saying "go ahead put him in there, once he eats it all you will learn your lesson".

sepulatian

CC stars are carnivores. They are not reef safe. ALL stars need 4-5hrs of drip acclimation, an SG of 1.026, over 100lbs of mature LR, and a system over 9 months old. If your tank does not meet this criteria, please bring him back.

ghola5

i have a cc star fish as well, trying to find him a home infact, he has already eaten over 70 dollars worth of turbo snails and tries to eat on my corals, I also had thought i did enough reading up on them, I try to feed him alot so he does not go after other things untill i get rid of him to a good place.

larryndana

that was my problem as well, i bought mine early on and didn't know that they were not reef safe. So i just put him in my QT tank, i'll take him out if need be. Since then, i've gotten another one. Like i said, i can always take them out if needed.

fireshrimp

they like tube worms for sure. I have never had one eat a snail or take things off my rock anything like that.
I put my in my sump and i feed him small shrimp clam and silversides. They are one of the easiest stars i have ever kept.