CC Star vs Anemone

rontam1979

Hi,
Just wondering. Can a CC starfish coexist with a carpet anemone? I know that CC starfish is not safe with corals but what about anemones? Any comment would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Ron

acez28

mine is ok for now BUT only because i have 2 large condy anmones and a small CC Star. And alot because i spot feed it alot to keep it from getting hungry enuff to eat one. But i know one day it will make a snack out of both of my anemones. fish eat fish world

michaeltx

if the CC star can get to the base of the anemone and is hungry enough then it might be the other way around. I had one that ate the base of a condy but I dont think its a normal thing. the do eat corals though.
as far as the carpet eating the CCstar if it gets in his tenticals it will ba a battle and I think the CC star will loose out and become dinner.
Mike

bas12547

I have a CC and a seabae. On the second day that they co-existed, the CC was near the sebae with it's arm out deciding if it was food. I watch it do this for about ten minutes. It finally put it's arm down and moved away. I have't seen him near it again. Time blends togther, but I think it has been at least a month.
Brian