ceramic moguls

dzones

I have a few MH lighting setups (2x 400w - 175W and a 250W) and I was changing out the 175 for a 400. I was wondering if the ceramic moguls are pretty much the same for both. I mean as long as I change the bulb and ballast that should be all I need to do right? They appear to be exactly the same and there is no writing or indication on them.
Thanks
Dave

waterdog

They should be just fine. I have never seen them sold wattage specific and, considering their function, I don't know why wattage would matter.
On a related topic...Are you interested in getting rid of that 275W setup? I am probably going to make a MH setup on my 37show and it's a toss up between a 275 and 400. I have a post in the reef forum with a bunch of questions that I have if you would like to share your expertice. If you do plan to sell one of the setups e-mail me:kbryant@blc.edu

zanemoseley

my mogal sockets say something like a 1000w or 1500w max so I believe all the ceramic sockets are suitable for all aquarium bulb wattages

dzones

cool thanks guys.
I kinda thought they were all the same.
waterdog....I will let you know first what I decide to do with the lighting. I will probably end up selling them...I have the 250 and 175 MH now.
will keep ya posted.
Thanks