cerith snail behavior

I added about 20 cerith snails to my 55 about two weeks ago. I haven't seen any since then. I know they like to burrow into the sand but is that where they continually live? I'm beginning to think they all burrowed in and then died or something. I have 4-5 inch Southdown sand bed.

mlm

If you throw somthing meaty in the tank and its sits for a while on the sand then they will all come out its the neatest thing to see. I have six and I opnly see them at night on the glass or during the day when I feed the tank but as soon as the food is gone they are back in the sand.

jonthefb

mlm, i think you are thinking of nassarious snails. i have these guys along with ceriths and the nassarious snaisl do this all the time, while the ceriths stay put during feedings.
jager, my ceriths stay hidden for the most part as well, they do come around the glass from time to time, but mostly stay buried int he sandbed. this is why i think these guys are the best detritivores ever. they will reproduce in a tank, so its kina cool cause some of them will survive, and th eones that dont usually feed the corals, so its like a win win situation!
anyhow have a great day and good luck
jon

mlm

Your right. Sorry I got the names switched up. My ceriths do stay burried a lot in the sand but usually up close front by the glass.