cha-ching i scored big today

seasalt101

my sister and her best friend flew into town yesterday, and visited with me today, well it seems that val, my sisters best friend who has been like an honorary family member since 1968 well her dad died last april and he has a 1965 mustang that has been sitting in storage for the last few years and he would go and start it once a month up until a year or so ago well long story short she gave me the car today woo-hoo 2nd part of the story my old boss is coming to see me in october and he said he would bring it with him from california to texas when he visits, so free classic mustang in good shape, free delivery, i'm jazzed i figure new battery, new spark plugs, a lttle carb cleaner and an oil change maybe tires and i can go to the cruise nights, oh the windows are so dirty you can't see inside of it, but i don't mind cleaning a few years of dust off...tobin

seasalt101

besides a headcold and some congestion it's been a good week, now i can participate in the local car shows again the car is basically just dirty that and that it has been sittin a while but it was started and ran till fairly recently, and i don't even have to pick it up, good day good week...tobin

seasalt101

Originally Posted by renogaw
and it's better than that toyota i showed you a couple weeks ago as well LOL.
yeah i was tempted lol...tobin

seasalt101

Originally Posted by reefreak29
congrats (im a little jeluose)sp
thanks i've been needing a second car anyway i was expecting a yugo, gods looking out for me and he's got good taste too...tobin

T

tizzo

Who knows, that layer of dirt on it may have kept the paint in mint condition! Another thread where we need pics. I'm excited for you!

seasalt101

Originally Posted by Tizzo
Who knows, that layer of dirt on it may have kept the paint in mint condition! Another thread where we need pics. I'm excited for you!
the car should be here in october the body and paint she said was in good condition i'm glad she's a bmw type person it's just an old car to her, to me it's a classic that just needs some tlc and pics will be posted asap i'm 1500 miles away from it right now it's funny i was there paperboy and he never was a big tipper...tobin

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by seasalt101
the car should be here in october the body and paint she said was in good condition i'm glad she's a bmw type person it's just an old car to her, to me it's a classic that just needs some tlc and pics will be posted asap i'm 1500 miles away from it right now it's funny i was there paperboy and he never was a big tipper...tobin

AHH i remember my first car... 73 chevy IMPALA... mint condition... this was like in 85.. I was so upset... Little did I know what a awesome muscle car I had...

nel621

Change the belts,replace the thermostat,clean the battery cables and posts.Don't go speeding around in it for a while. Drive it below 60mph for a while.Cars that haven't been driven need to be broken in slowly, otherwise you may create some problems.Oh and change the antifreeze.After yo driven it for 200-300 miles change the oil and filter again!Good luck!

seasalt101

oh i know i need to rebreak in the motor good call on the thermostat i might of missed that one belts too i'm feeling like a kid again and i peeked at the christmas presents...tobin

kjr_trig

Thats awesome Tobin, I can't wait to move to Phoenix so I can go to the Barrett Jackson Car Show in January....Enjoy.

jmick

Sweet! I'd love to have an old car like that but the wife wouldn't allow because her car some how takes up a two car garage and there isn't space...

seasalt101

Originally Posted by Jmick
Sweet! I'd love to have an old car like that but the wife wouldn't allow because her car some how takes up a two car garage and there isn't space...
hang tennis balls in the garage one in front and one on each side that might work, all i know so far besides what is already posted is that it is dark blue with a white vinyl top and that it was meticuolsly (sp) cared for i don't know if it is the 6 cyl. or the v-8 i'm thinking the v-8 though if i could only remember it like i stated earlier she has been part of the family since 68 and i was there paperboy, and i don't know if it is an automatic or stick shift...tobin

seasalt101

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Any chance you could trade it for a real muscle car like a Camaro?

Grats man. That's awesome.
man i remember in high school those 67-69 camaros were a dime a dozen, (so were the mustangs) but i've always been a ford/mopar guy everyone knows mopar had the power back then except for a few exceptions, the 427 ford thunderbolt comes to mind but i will give the big block chevy's their due the ss/rs and yenko's were awesome i'm just not a chevy guy oh can't forget those gto's either, i don't know if this is any of the rare coded cars but i will know soon...tobin

jovial

A guy goes into a parts store and says "gimmie a tail light for a Yugo" the counterman says "sounds like a fair trade"