Chaeto in the main display

spanko

Will a ball of Chaeto out pace the nitrate phosphate use of any of the other algaes in the tank if it is put in the main display. It would be on the same light cycle as the main tank, I realize that it would work best on a reverse cycle but I don't have anywhere else to put it right now.

scotts

IMO something is better than nothing if you do not have a sump. I saw one person that put in a barrier in the corner of their tank and the cheato was behind the barrier. I can't remember if the barrier was acrylic with holes in it or if it was eggcrate material.
HTH
Scott

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by spanko
Will a ball of Chaeto out pace the nitrate phosphate use of any of the other algaes in the tank if it is put in the main display. It would be on the same light cycle as the main tank, I realize that it would work best on a reverse cycle but I don't have anywhere else to put it right now.
I leave my Chaeto in my fuge almost similar to my display, Maybe put it in one of those FISH FRY, baskets, Hopefully you dont have anything that will consume it rapidly.

allterr

I have mine in my tank pinned down under a rock...every now and then a strand or two breaks off, but so far so good...