Change the website

wonderd44

There is a part of saltwaterfish.com that needs to be changed. http://screencast.com/t/INP3YMPvS Me along with other users can barley see the text on the navigation bar.
I know this is probably the wrong place to discuss this but hopefully it will get the attention of a staff member that can do something about it.

flower

LOL...I don't want them to change a thing! They mess up something else that was working good every time they start. I use Explorer, and Windows 7. I have bad eyes and use reading glasses...problem solved.

snakeblitz33

Yeah, i passed on windows 8 experiment. Id rather just go full blown MAC then to use the crap windows is putting out now.

I recently purchased a used MAC and am really happy with it. My sister just bought a new laptop with Windows 8 and wants to constantly throw it against the wall. It really is horrible.

snakeblitz33

Im really considering getting a large iPad and using it for school. Seems like many of my classmates use them these days. Heck, they even make keyboards for them now. My windows desktop computer has so many errors and updates and stuff that it gets bogged down easy.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/396103/change-the-website#post_3528566
Im really considering getting a large iPad and using it for school. Seems like many of my classmates use them these days. Heck, they even make keyboards for them now. My windows desktop computer has so many errors and updates and stuff that it gets bogged down easy.
I save important stuff such as pictures on "Just Cloud" then if my computer bogs down, I return it to factory settings...It's a brand new from the box computer again, and I can load my important stuff right back on and everything runs great. It's the stupid new updates on drivers that seem to load the computer down, why can't they just leave working successfully alone?
I purchased a 10 inch touch screen pad, with a fancy case and the keypad...it worked great for what it was, but you can't do anything except add an ap, you can't print anything unless you jump through some crazy hoops to get it done. You can't load programs. As far as I could tell it had the exact same features as my smart phone, just on a larger screen. Give me a real computer any day of the week, especially for something like school. I gave the touch screen to my adult son, it was a waste of money for my needs. I use the art programs, that do everything from making a greeting card to business cards, and there is no ap that can match a powerful program like Coral Draw or Dagash Pro for writing Hebrew. If you want something for school, I would pass on a touch screen.

I agree with Flower. To me the iPads are basically an iPod with a larger screen. Technology is going more and more that way, but I really prefer a desktop computer (or laptop). If I am doing something like Photoshop, I don't want to be doing it on a touchscreen. I'm hoping that is not where it's headed.

BTW, I used a laptop through college. You can get backpacks especially for them. And it's really not a big deal at all to carry to class. I graduated May 2012, so it's possible things are changing. But everybody was still using laptops at my college.

wonderd44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattytwobyfour http:///t/396103/change-the-website#post_3528556
Windows 8. That's your problem. That is by far the worst operating system ever made.
Its not MY problem. Its SWF.com's problem and I am trying to help THEM. The majority of new computers purchased today come with windows 8. Its the responsibility of SWF.com to have there development team fix the problem if they want to keep the business of people who use Windows 8 and the new Internet Explorer.
I myself run my own internet business and it is MY duty to make sure my website appears proper across ALL operating systems and explorers NEW and OLD. Weather I like or dislike the operating system they use.
So the reason for this thread is to point out that there website navigation bar does not appear proper on the new version of Internet Explorer.

meowzer

I moved this thread to the appropriate section ....this is where you should post if you want SWF to address a subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderd44 http:///t/396103/change-the-website#post_3528611
Its not MY problem. Its SWF.com's problem and I am trying to help THEM. The majority of new computers purchased today come with windows 8. Its the responsibility of SWF.com to have there development team fix the problem if they want to keep the business of people who use Windows 8 and the new Internet Explorer.
I myself run my own internet business and it is MY duty to make sure my website appears proper across ALL operating systems and explorers NEW and OLD. Weather I like or dislike the operating system they use.
So the reason for this thread is to point out that there website navigation bar does not appear proper on the new version of Internet Explorer.
The majority of websites are not Windows 8 friendly. Give them time.

wonderd44

The majority of website are not user friendly for the simple fact that they do not know they aren't user friendly. That is the reason for this thread. A simple css fix like this takes MAYBE an hour or two at most to fix. So time is not needed, but someone speaking up is needed.