Changing my setup!

srothenberg

Hey,
Right now I have no sump on my 75g and am using standard AquaC Remora skimmer. I am planning building a 20g sump in the very near future and getting a skimmer for the sump. Any recommendations? I keep hearing about Octopus skimmers, any advice? Also, how are eShoppes HOB overflows?
Thanks.

kube

I can speak for the eshopps over flow, works perfect, has never once lost its prime and starts back up flawlessly, do a googe search for hofers gurgle buster if you want to know how to silence it once you have it running, his method worked best for me

robertmathern

If the auqa c remora works good for you. Then look into the aqua c urchin it is the same skimmer but fits into the sump.

srothenberg

Ok, here's what I've decided on.
20g long sump
Octopus NV-150 skimmer
Mag 9.5 return pump
Eshopps PF800 HOB overflow
The NV-150 skimmer will fit in a 20g long sump right? That's my only concern.

kube

I have the exact same overflow and mag pump, just remember to google "hofer gurgle buster" when you want to quite down the overflow

gradth

If you have room you can hang your Remora on your sump. I had mine set up that way and it worked really well. Just a thought.

bpro32

I don't know if its a typo or not because I haven't heard of a nv-150... but I'm not real familiar with skimmers.
anyway... I have an octo nw-150 in my 20h sump so I think you should be fine with a 20l becuase they are the same width if I'm not mistaken. I wish I would have gone with a 20l though because there isn't much room to work with in mine...

bpro32

Originally Posted by Gradth
http:///forum/post/2823548
If you have room you can hang your Remora on your sump. I had mine set up that way and it worked really well. Just a thought.
You will just have to set up your baffles so that the water level in your sump chamber is near the top so that there isn't too much noise from a waterfall. Good idea if you keep that in mind though that way you wont have to buy another skimmer.

srothenberg

I meant the NW-150, thanks!
I am not a huge fan on the remora so far. It seems to be drawing a LOT of water out of my tank as well as waste.