Changing tanks

drock77

Changing tanks from a 58 oceanic to a 110 gallon tank, and needing some assistance on doing so..... how do i swap substrate, fish and coral that are alive and kicking in my 58, to my new tank at the same time, without damage. I will need to add to my substrate so that i will have a 3 in deep sand bed, and i will need to add LR over time, any suggestions....? :help:

fuax

Drock i upgraded ,my 100 to a 150 i used everything from the 100 and even added a few things.
I bought 3 35 gal garbage cans (brand new) emptied all my water into them and put all of my live rock in them as well. I then took all my sand and put that into a 7 gal bucket. I put all my fish into another 7 gal bucket as well with a couple of pieces of LR.
I then disconnected everything removed the old tank and installed the new tank then reconnected everything added the new equipment. Then added my ls with a new bag of sand and began adding water, I added my lr as the tank was filling up.
I started at about 5 o'clock and finished some where around midnight
Just remember take your time and do it right dont rush with it or you will make costly mistakes.