Changing Tanks

brendac

I got another question. Right now I have a 30g running that has went through its cycle about 3 weeks ago. It was filled with tap water and a conditioner was added to the aquarium. I now have a 125g that I want to set up in about 2 weeks. Im going to be using RO water from wal-marts. I want to transfer everything thats in the 30g to the 125g including the live rock artifical tree's and the coral thats on the bottom(If I go with coral instead of sand that is) I was wondering tho cause the 30g was filled with tap water... if I go putting the stuff from my 30g into my 125 then my 125g wont be all RO water?????? Right???? can I wash all the stuff let everything dry out then add it all in my 125g and would all be ok?

badoleross

If you are just moving the decor from 1 tank to another and not the wter i see no real reason to worry about cleaning off the old tap water. You want see any problems from that. You might want to consider purchasing an RO/DI now. Transporting 125 gallon to fill up a tank and then water changes on top of that can take the enjoyment right out of this hobby very quickly. Just topoff water on a 125 will be 1.5-2 gallon a day. I am currently using a Typhoon III and recommend that unit along with a auto shut off float and a Brute trashcan. You'll have more water then you can stand. My 110 glass cracked lst night so I am glad I have water onhand!