Charlotte, NC reefing scene

bigeyedfish

Anyone that lives in the general area of Charlotte, North Carolina??? I could be possibly moving down there this summer for work. Wondering how good the stores are there, and which ones those might be?? Any suggestions on where to live too?? My office is on the south side of town. Formerly SaltyJay18, thanks Jason

jla9508

I live in Spartanburg, SC and there is a nice store in Greenville called The World of Pets. They have a nice selection of fish, inverts, and live rock. They also have a 7,000 gallon shark tank.

I'm in Lexington, and the best one near me is Aquarium Shop, in Greensboro. Quite a ride from Charlotte, but well worth it. Their corals are awesome! :D

scfishman

Hey, Thanks for the nice comment! I actually work in the Fish Department at The World of Pets. I have heard of two nice Fish Stores in Charlotte but the name of them has slipped my mind. Sorry. I'm sure they are in the Yellow Pages. If you want to come to our store that would be great. We are only about two hours from Charlotte. It is a straight shot down I-85. We have 16 tanks of coral and about 30 tanks of fish. We also have a 650 gal. that is up and running. It has a 5 foot Green Moray Eel and a 20" Leopard Grouper. In our 7,000 gal. shark tank we have 2 nurse sharks:5' and 4.5' and a 3' Blacktip Shark. Hope this helps.

nyy fan

I live in Charlotte and there is one place that has awesome stuff for reef tanks, one place that specializes in fish, and one place that has a little of both, but mainly dry goods. You can email me at nyyfan241@yahoo.com for details.