chaseter's 39G CAD Nano Take Two!

nwdyr

thanks! I forget real people have jobs and lives and stuff
I am still on Work.comp.
hope to be ending my case soon..been 3 years! yikes

nwdyr

thanks! they say on the site , that its 24(l)x20(w)x20(h). But all the pic's , including yours , look like a "tall" tank
I guess your measurements are pretty close to what they say , and when I lay that out it looks like a square tank to me.Just weird how it always looks tall in pic's

chaseter

Tomorrow morning, my rare zoas and some other corals arrive and so does my coral beauty angel. In they go tomorrow and I will post pics that night when everything opens up. Then goes the anemone and clown the next week. Then, my new tank will be nearly finished! I may add a couple more nano fish but I doubt I get any more larger fish.

chaseter

Update! My shipment arrived this morning! The coral beauty is in there, tiny little guy, he is hiding behind the rocks so you can't see him.
I put my nem on the left side of the tank, the little devil moved a bit, and has settled that way for now. That way the clown will hang out on one side and all the other fish can hang out on the other side.
The last pic are the two caves in which the goby likes to perch....I drew arrows so you can see. So, 3 little fishies in my 39g! I can't wait for the coral beauty to get some courage and explore the tank.

nissan577

it looks amazing!
i love it!
you never got back to me on the tank...
but everything is like woah! what zoas you got?!?!

chaseter

Got a tiny acan frag today at my LFS for 20 bucks!
I have 3 fish in there right now (clown, coral beauty, watchmen goby) and 3 shrimp (cleaner, peppermint, and bullseye pistol) and various clean up crew and I am trying to plot out my next couple of fish to round out the tank. I really want an anthias but my LFS guy said they get big and they need 2 or 3 feedings a day to stay healthy so those guys are out. My LFS had a Starry Rabbitfish that was magnificent but they sold it:( I don't think my tank was large enough for it anyways. It was friends with a yellow tang in the tank they were in and they followed each other around and ate with each other. It was hilarious.
Anyways, I think I am going to go with 2 chromis and a mandarin after I allow pods time to establish. Maybe a royal gamma instead of the mandarin. I should be way under the 1 gallon per 1 inch of fish rule of thumb. I want fish that are out and about...I learned my lesson with that in my last tank. I had 2 different gobies and a fire fish that liked to stay behind or under the rocks 90% of the time.

nwdyr

I agree , my next tank will have more active fish. I had a nice watchman goby but ONLY saw him at feeding time. Right now we are thinking about moving to Fla. if it dont work out , then I will be buying the 39gal pro
So either way I will be happy
I like your fish choice and may steal it if I get the tank!

chaseter

So I decided I wanted a wrasse for my last fish so I went out and bought some egg crate. If I do a good job, then I will get a wrasse. If it looks like Hulk put it together, no wrasse.

chaseter

It looks ugly:( I am going to go get another egg crate panel and try again when I go to my parents' house this weekend with proper tools.
I had no way to cut it so I heated up a knife with a candle. It worked! But it left black soot on the egg crate.

chaseter

I don't have a saw here!
I also am leaving a square in the middle right under the metal halide so that none of the light will be diffused right under the light. I just basically want a perimeter around the rim of the tank. If it jumps in the middle...it can wiggle its way through a hole. Plus...if it jumps in the middle then it will probably hit the light and fall right back down.

chaseter

So I bought some new frags for my tank and two tiny blue reef chromis were added.
I bought an awesome red flowerpot coral frag, an electric green brain frag, and a torch coral frag with electric green tips. I will post some updated pics tonight!
Sad news, my moonlights stopped working but I contacted Eddie and he is sending me replacements. That is one of the reasons I bought the CAD. I heard nothing but great things about their customer support.

chaseter

Scratch that, just got home and one of the chromis decided to floor dive. I had them for a week and then this one decided to commit suicide. Devil jumped through the egg crate. I may have to see if there is something better to stop jumpers.

chaseter

Sorry for the lack of updates. I got another chromis to replace the jumper and a couple of more frags. Here is a pic of the moonlights in action that wonderful Eddie replaced for free.

Also, I am getting a thick plastic sheet that they use for windows, plexiglass, and I am going to cut put a rim around my tank to stop jumpers. I am going to get a drill to put holes in it so that if they land on it, they can flop back down into the tank. Since it is clear, it won't mess with the lights.