chaseter's biocube nano extravaganza

chaseter

I removed the sponge and bioballs in my aquarium and it kicked up a lot of particulate. I hope my critters will be alright for the night. I replaced the sponge area with my bag of activated charcoal that I already had.
Tomorrow I will finish the refugium and do a water change. Hopefully everything will be okiedokie

chaseter

Refugium is done!

The water flow into the chaeto area was really loud and splashing so I cut the sponge that came with it in half so it would disperse the water and make it quiet and no splashing.
The chemipure baggy made my water really dark
Hopefully that will clear up pretty quick.
I now have 4 coral frags in my tank
A candy cane coral, a zoo, a xenia, and a goniopora. I will take pics of them later.

nissan577

sweet! im glad everything is perfect!
cant wait for more pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and yes its gonna go away!

chaseter

I had no idea that my little goniopora, I think that is what he is, will catch and eat fish food! That little coral grabbed some fish flakes from the water and sucked it in! Also, the star fish is voracious for fish flakes. He crawls out there and grabs it and you can see the little leg go to the mouth/anus...they poop out of the same hole that they eat. Thanks biology.
Also finally saw that dang emerald crab. I saw his little claw come out of the top of my rock work, how he got up in there I have no idea, and he grabbed some food. Going to go get my first fish tomorrow!

chaseter

Found out what it is:
Scientific Name: Parazoanthus gracilis
Classification: Soft Coral
Common Names: Yellow Polyps

chaseter

Anyways, here is my nice candy cane coral:

And, I finally got my first fish! My yellow watchmen
He is a bit nervous but he has made the cave entrance his home.

He is tiny, maybe half an inch. You can see the starfish back there...I guess they hang out together????

chaseter

I love the actinic light, it makes everything in that tank so beautiful at night. I can't wait to get some vibrant fish that swim and don't hang out at the bottom.