Chattanooga

snakeblitz33

I just wanted to take a moment of silence for the service members we lost today, due to domestic terrorism.

Now we have all kinds of people coming out of the woodwork wanting to ban guns and create more safe zones and more gun control. I don't understand. It wasn't the guns fault, it was the man weilding it.

What needs to be done about domestic terrorists? Should the NSA be able to spy on the public without warrant, just so an incident like this may be prevented?

bang guy

You can't prevent all instances such as this.
South Carolina removed the Confederate Battle Flag from their Capital to prevent insane bigots from rampaging in their churches. Maybe if we ban Christmas trees from government property we can prevent insane jihadists from shooting up Marine recruitment centers.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Peace to the families of those lost.

Were military members on the base actually allowed to be armed? If not, then this may have been preventable.

bang guy

No, military members on base are not allowed to be armed other than base security.

But this didn't happen on a base. It was in a recruitment office in a strip mall.

pegasus

With Islamic Jihad declared against Americans, especially military and police, I don't see the problem with allowing military personnel to bear arms. Perhaps it would have made a difference, perhaps it wouldn't have... but it certainly would have evened the odds quite dramatically. Otherwise, they're sitting ducks. Besides, it's not like these guys and gals don't have adequate training and experience in handling firearms. Just saying.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Military wearing military uniforms open carry might be a bit much. Being in the military gives them rights to carry weapons under certain circumstance and at certain locations, but at the mall, or at a school, not so sure. I do think that all military personal should be allowed to carry within military installations.

If the military started to carry openly at civilian locales where recruitment offices were located, recruitment at such locations might start not being allowed by mall owners or school boards, universities, etc. So, its a bit an issue.

snakeblitz33

Within military installations and bases, I absolutely agree that they ought to, at minimum, be able to conceal carry. However, I don't think even I would feel comfortable seeing members of the military strolling around town with loaded guns.

The point is, if military personnel is within the base, sure, carry. But, I don't want to see the armed forces rolling through towns, that to me would be threatening to the public.

Remember kids, the military just follows orders,... And the only thing between you and your freedom is an executive order. Be very careful what you want and why and how it will be carried out.

darthtang aw

You know, I don't care.

I don't care he seemed normal.
I don't care he was an mma fighter

I don't care he didn't seem that religious.

I don't care he had a family and lived a quiet life. I don't even care if he was al Qaeda or isis.

This is what the news reports.
What I do care about is it was four Marines and a navy member that were killed in our home. It was t global warming that killed them. It wasn't a lack of education that killed them. It wasnt a confederate flag that killed them. It wasnt a police officer that killed them. It wasnt an oil pipeline that killed them. It was t a lack of healthcare that killed them. It wasnt a lack of gun laws that killed them.

Until we find someone willing to stand up and face this for what it is we can expect occurances such as this. The conversation revolves around gun rights and military right to carry. This isn't even the damn issue.

The issue is radical iam. And until we are willing to fight radical Islam the way it should be fought we will continue to lose. Lose are families, our rights, and our lives as we know it.

In 9 months the "coalition" has killed 10000 isis members. This is a drop in the bucket. Because we don't want war. Well guess what. We have no choice. War has been declared by radical Islamists. But we don't care. We are more concerned about other crap.

Get ready, because it is coming. It is t just a Middle East problem. Leaving the Middle East won't make it go away either.

Radical Islam in the last year has killed more people than abortions in this country in the last year.

Wake up. And see the new face or racism/slavery.