Cheap PC's

steelwrap

I know the Odysea halides don't get a lot of great reviews, what about their PC's? Anybody got them? I know a lot seem to be selling on the

[hr]
sites. It seems to Me there isn't a lot to flourescent fixtures except a starter and a bulb. What about aquaview any expierience with these? I'm wanted to upgrade from a 29 to a 55 and money is a little tight at the moment. If it's not worth it I can wait as I already have the tank set up as a freshwater for awhile. Thanks.

jessica47421

i have a 48" pc light with 2x65 watt lights and lunar lights as well for night vision, i payed 125.00 selling for 75.00

socal57che

Originally Posted by jessica47421
i have a 48" pc light with 2x65 watt lights and lunar lights as well for night vision, i payed 125.00 selling for 75.00
I have 260w pc Current Satellite w/moons. (4-65w, 48" OAL) paid $129 new at LFS. I love the fixture, but will get rid of the 10,000/6,700 daylights that came with it and run straight 10Ks and actinics after we move. (light induced algae bloom)

mlwoods007

A lot of pros will disagree, but it has been my experience that pc's are pc's. Your best bet is to go to one of those

[hr]
sites and get one. I've had everything from Odyessa, to Jebo, and Corallife. They all come with new bulbs and if you can, try to get a fixture that comes with fans too. They'll come in handy in the long run. my 2cents