Check It Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wuddya think????

grubsnaek

i have a great fish store that i go to. not your tipical LFS. anyway, i hate only going on the weekends when i have off. its rite near my job, and always wish i could get something and keep it at work till i get home. so after months of thinking of this then forgetin, im on vaca now and came up with something.
i took a normal rubbermaid container. that would hold pencils or pens like that. when you see you'll understand. so i cut out the center of the lid with a dremel. i cut a piece of plexi glass to fit the hole. drilled small holes in the plexi glass. some for ventilation some for zip ties.
then i cut a small notch out of the side of the lid for a 9w 6500k clip on lamp. the light i had laying around from an old hang on fuge that split on me. so no cost on that. also perfect for holding macro while at work. also acts like a decent part time light for any frags that i might pick up.
inside of the rubber maid i cut a small piece of plexi glass to fid the width of the container. i used sili to get it in place. its only about 1.5" tall. so this acts like a baffles to keep chaeto,fish,or frags out. out from what.
i also added and put on the inside of the baffle a Via Aqua adjustable powerhead rated for 0-130gph.
this thing is great, the people at work are gonna think im crazy, but they already know that!!!!!!!
now the pics...........

ccampbell57

I love the idea! So easy to maintain something till you get home. It is better than the plastic bags everything sits in when it is shipped. By the time you get home it will be acclimated.

grubsnaek

good stuff right. say even if you didnt bring water just use the water that comes in the bag. but i will keep this on a shelf and drip into bag. works great, just tried everything out. really not much to it. but i filled it with tap water and used alittle flake food to see the current. pritty impressed.

bs21

i was just gonna say what about heat issues but sounds like you have thought of everything. Very cool!

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by grubsnaek
the people at work are gonna think im crazy, but they already know that!!!!!!!
LOL your not crazy...Your insanely addicted.
Can you make me one

grubsnaek

207 views and only 7 replies, c'mon i thought a lot of people would relate to this..........................

grubsnaek

always wish i could get something and keep it at work till i get home.

just something to hold anything i buy while im at work. call it what you will, but i think it speaks for itself. basically an upgraded bag for u while your at work

royal gang

what would you call this completely outrageous all on a wim thing
Super-bag 2007 LOL!

sepulatian

im gonna call it the CELL. hahaha

Nice invention Grub. One question for you. Can you not wait until the weekend to buy what you want?

grubsnaek

not always im in good with a couple people there. so on curtain days i could get hooked up, hehe.. shhhhhh... dont tell no one. but hopefully that answers your question.
and by the way how u been sep. havent seen you in a while.

sepulatian

not always im in good with a couple people there. so on curtain days i could get hooked up, hehe.. shhhhhh... dont tell no one. but hopefully that answers your question.
and by the way how u been sep. havent seen you in a while.
I am always around.....somewhere!
That is awsome if you get deals! I would be inventing things to keep the new buys happy as well if I had hook ups!

reefkprz

one last addition to your "Cell" a betta tank heater to maintain temperature they sell flat heaters for like 12$ designed for super small tanks.
Thats a great little mini/holding tank for extended waits. even if the lighting is far lower than what the coral is used to think of it as a cloudy day.