Check my quarentine

marco333

Well I was finally able to set up a quarentine for my Maroon Clown. He seems to now have develped fin rot, and its pretty bad because each day his fins are getting smaller. I am worried they are just goin to disapear. I set up a quarentine with a wisper 20 and some carbon. I let it run for 2 days, and had to start treating the clown after that because of his dire condition. I am using Myacin-2, and am in the second day of treatment. I removed the carbon, and now only have the filter for water flow. The medicine seems to have turned the water yellowish green. Is this ok?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I want to suggest using Maracyn Two for SW fish, however, in a new QT it will be extremely difficult to maintain good water quality using an antibiotic.
Did you not paint the bottom outside of that QT? It looks pretty reflective, which can cause stress to fish. Do you have fake rocks or something in there for comfort?

marco333

O no. I didnt paint the bottom. I didnt know i should have. Its to late to paint it now, but is thier something i can put under it like a black cloth? Also, what should I put in there for comfort? I keep the lights in the room off, and try to keep it as dark as possible. Is this a good idea?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Is the tank sitting on a dark table? Tape some black paper or cloth to the underside of the tank, it the tank is sitting on an open aquarium-type stand.
You can use fake corals or even pvc. You can't leave the fish with anything in the tank.
Did you read the info on QT in the FAQ thread??? If not, please do.