Check out my ONE MONTH before and after

azonic

I posted a pic of my tank on October 22.....I took a new pic tonight...there is quite a noticable difference.
Anyone think I need anymore live rock? I've got 140 pounds in there.
Oct 22 - Before

Dec 1 - After

shoreliner11

So what your saying is you got some more rock...a lot more rock. Looks good. Where's the copperband...or is this before you added her?

clarkiiboi

Impressive results in 1 month!!! Looks good, if you feel you need a few more pieces of LR go for it. Now get some coraline LOL.... again looks good :)

azonic

The copperband is in there somewhere. Must of been behind the rocks when I took that shot.
Also, the coralline is well under way. I find it grows quite quickly on plastic moreso then glass. My return lines and overflow box have got spots of coralline popping up on them on a daily basis.

nm reef

Definitely a nice improvement...looks like its time to start considering a few corals. I really like the stand & canopy. Are they DIY?
I should be placing my order for a 110L myself in the next few days and hope to have the contents of my 55 transfered to it by late winter or early spring.

azonic

Originally posted by DevilBoy
how much lr do you have in there now?

I have approximately 140 LBS.
Originally posted by Kipass4130
super nice... i wouldnt add any more rock... let a bunch of corals fill in the gaps :)

I was thinking the EXACT same thing. :D
Originally posted by waterfaller1

After a second look..I would even suggest backing your LR off the glass a bit..to allow for water to flow in and around the LR.;)Also..inverts..{snails..etc}could get stuck back there..and you will appreciate a few inches clearance to get in there to help them...Carole

I tried arranging the rocks so they weren't touching the back glass but I couldn't get them stable enough for my liking. I also didn't find it to be as asthetically pleasing. :D
There is water flow behind the rocks. One of my returns sprays along the back glass and though you can't see in the picture, there are two maxijet 400's behind the rocks as well. They are well camoflaged(sp?). Believe it or not, there's actually 3 powerheads total and my heater in the display. Betcha can't find 'um! ;)
Originally posted by NM reef

Definitely a nice improvement...looks like its time to start considering a few corals. I really like the stand & canopy. Are they DIY?
I should be placing my order for a 110L myself in the next few days and hope to have the contents of my 55 transfered to it by late winter or early spring.

I've been considering a few corals for a long time now. About $300 worth actually :D . After christmas the corals will start to pop up, $$$ permitting of course.
The stand and canopy are not a DIY jobbie. I am all thumbs when it comes to carpentry work. I had them made by a professional finish carpenter who was recommended by my LFS owner.
I can't wait to see your new display. What are the dimensions of your tank? Mine are 60x18x24. Basically a 90 gallon with an extra foot tacked on. What kinda filtration are you going to run on yours? I've got my lifereef sump with the matching lifereef svs-24 skimmer....plus my 140lbs LR and DSB. I plan to eventually run a refugium but money is scarce this time of year so that will wait for the spring. :)
Thanks for all the positive comments everyone. Knowing other people think what you're doing looks at least half ways decent makes it all worth while. ;)

dugan

WOW... :)
The stand and canopy are beautiful... that guy did a nice job for you!
Great pics.
Katie

azonic

Originally posted by chinnyr
Looks good!The red shrooms look to be taking off too.

The damn red shrooms are like the plague. I have them everywhere. That big rock has 90% reds and 10% purple with blue spots. I have them spreading everywhere. Every day there is a new little mushroom on the sandbed and they constantly leave behind a trail of goo on neighboring rocks when they close up at night.