Check out the colors on this chalice...

happyhourh

I was at the shop a couple months ago and saw this brown .5 inch chunk of chalice in the frag tank thats under halides. The owner told me I could get it for $5 and see if I could save it. Well, its 2.5 months later and it has some insane coloration. I cant wait to grow this guy out.
I wish I would have taken a pic when I first got it.

The pink is neon to the

[hr]
eye.

maxalmon

Anychance of trading frags? I've got tons of sps, rics, exotic zoa's, acans, lords, blasto's.....Super sweet, NEON purple rain monti. Jim

happyhourh

Originally Posted by maxalmon
Anychance of trading frags? I've got tons of sps, rics, exotic zoa's, acans, lords, blasto's.....Super sweet, NEON purple rain monti. Jim
I need to grow it out for at least a few more months b4 I frag but I for sure would be interested in a trade.
Right now its about 1x1. Its growing about 1 or 2cm a month at this point but has really come along in the last couple weeks.

maxalmon

The experts my need to chime in on this, but will a chalice react the same way a monti will if you roughup the growing edge, seems to cause a sudden increase in growth. Not that I'm asking you to do this, but figured more experienced chalice reefers would see this posting. Any thoughts?