-Scarlet Hermit Crab: 10
-Blueleg Hermit Crab: 10
-Nasssarius Snail: 10
-Brittle Starfish: 2
-Coral Banded Shrimp: 1
-Emerald Crab: 3
-Turbo/Astrea Snail: 20
-Cleaner Clam: 2
Does anyone see any problems with this set up/any suggestions? Also should I get a pair of the clowns or just stick to one? thanks-

get a pair of clowns they do so much better in a pair, specialy if you get a bubble tip anemone, make sure to add them slow, also IMO you could have a couple more fish, school of chromis or cardinals, what kind of corals do you plan on keeping, dwarf angels are nice, but can nip at SPS corals.

pappa d

yeah, im not going to get an dwarf because i'm not sure on what corals im going to add. i would like to get some fish/inverts in there before i do the corals so thats later to come

pappa d

do you think it would be better to add all those inverts and the jawfish at the same time or the inverts and the clowns because i would like to get one of the fish off of SWF, they're on sale

aquaguy24

I'd cut down on some of ur clean up crew..
Add ur clean up crew first slowly then wait a week or two then add ur first fish..don't forget to Qt..i'd add the clown as a first fish...and clowns don't do to well during shipping tho..and the clowns from this site are not percula clowns..they are false ollercius( how ever u spell it.)true percs have thick black borders around the white stripes and tend to get thicker with age..as for false clowns, they have thin black borders around the white stripes..thats the easiest way to tell them apart..and true percs can cost up to three time more then false clowns..

pappa d

well the only reason why theres so much clean up crew is because thats what comes in the SWF package, and some will be going to my 20 gallon but i think for the most its good. thank you for the advice that clowns dont do well being shipped. anyone know how a jawfish would do?

pappa d

What would be a good first piece of coral that i could add to my tank/what is the care level/other info

mushrooms are good corals, low light and very easy corals, i cant get them to die in my tank, other soft corals like leathers, colts, button polyps(palythoas), zoanthids, etc
whats your lighting?

marineman0

dont get emerald crabs. they blend in with the rock,they are too much fun to watch though, get hawaiian strawberry crabs, they are a bright red so you can find them, and they are basically red emerald crabs.

b0bby1

ya, but you can have a couple more fish than the 4 you have posted. that list would work in a 29 gallon. if you have a bigger tank i would recommend a baby blue tang to add some color. when it gets to big u can move it to the bigger tank. im planning to get a jawfish for my 20 gallon too

pappa d

well i'm not sure about the tang, i wish i could have a kole tang but i know it would be too big for the tank and i am scared that it would be stressed and get ick

in my 55 i have
yellow tang
mated perc clowns
4 pajama cardinals
tasmanian reef damsel
Lawnmower blenny
and a Snowflake eel
0 nitrates, 0 nitrites, 0 ammonia, 0 phos
all my corals grow insanly,softies, LPS and SPS, but i have a Calcium reactor so thats opart of it, but even with my high bioload i havent had any probs with water levels or dead fish.

pappa d

anyone else have any oppinion on housing a kole tang aka yelloweye bristle tooth tang (ctenochaetus strigosus) in a 58g tank for the next 2 years? dimentions are:
36.5" long x 18.5" wide x 21" tall. what are the chances of it being unhealthy/getting ich, etc.

I would'nt If you got an reagular 55 gal where the dimision are 48in long i would say go for it but with less than 4 feey of room im gona give it an no.