chemi-pure question

mikeb5479

i have a 24g aquapod with filter floss and chaeto and i just got some chemi-pure elite. i was just wondering how long you guys leave it in your tanks? the guy at the LFS told me to put it in for a couple days after a water change then take it out. he also said i can reuse the same bag a few times. so i was just wondering how everyone here uses it.
mike

nissan577

your tank is cycling? i leave my chemipure elite there for 6 months and same with the purigen or phosguard. then i always replace it.

whisk

i left mine in my tank for 3 months and just recently replaced it with a new one. i'll probably leave it in for a little longer this time.

john57

Dumb question, but does anyone take the chemipure out periodically and rinse it, or do you just leave it?

tatoush

No such thing as a dumb question...we are all learning here! I've just left the chemipure in the tank w/o rinsing and replace it after 4-5 months.

gregghia

I leave mine in for weeks on end but i do rinse it since the bags collects a lot of sediments and poo, at least in my tank.

jennln

I leave my chemipure and purigen in the tank for 3 months and then replace both. When I do water changes I swish the bags around a bit in the extracted water to rinse them off and then right back in they go.
Why did the lfs recommend taking it after a few days? Not knocking their advice, just wondering what the reasoning is behind the suggestion? I'd never thought to just use it for a few days at a time.

tatoush

Originally Posted by jennln
http:///forum/post/2987975
I leave my chemipure and purigen in the tank for 3 months and then replace both. When I do water changes I swish the bags around a bit in the extracted water to rinse them off and then right back in they go.
Why did the lfs recommend taking it after a few days? Not knocking their advice, just wondering what the reasoning is behind the suggestion? I'd never thought to just use it for a few days at a time.

$$$$ What else?