chemi pure

rebelprettyboy

I used it and complety cured all my cynabacteria out. Also killed of my hair algea to and it wasnt hardly any of that. I havent had a problem with cynabacteria since and before that I just couldnt get rid of it.
If you use it just make sure you do a water change as it staes and follow directions.

tacks

Just ordered the stuff but haven't received it yet. Water change? I read the directions online and it said nothing about a water change. I know it's supposed to prolong the need for water changes. I do plan on doing the normal scheduled water changes. It says this stuff lasts 4-6 months depending on bio-load. Confused about water change? Do you mean to get the stuff out?

cjworkman

Chemi-Pure works well but is expensive on an ongoing basis.
It needs to be put in some type of media filter, such as a canister filter.
IMO.. just a combo of some phos-ban and reef carbon works just as well.
You do have to be careful though with these types of products that you don't remove too much essential minerals from the water.
I usually use the recommended amount of phos-ban and half the recommended amount of reef carbon mixed together and replace it every 2 weeks.

mushroomss

Yea i do water changes twice a week so im not worrying about depleting essential minerals.I have to say though its a great product i've used it for 1 day and its clearing up some algae issues nicely.It wasent priced to bad either only 12.99.IMO it works well for nanos.My lfs store uses 1 package in each of their nanos and their spotless and full or coraline.I just wanted some info about the product.thx

i currently use it in my emporor 400,and since i started using it my nitrites and ammonia is at 0. I paid 60 bucks for two bags