chevron or flagfin

cubuffs

I have a 180 FOWLR tank with 2 lookdowns (5" & 8"), 1 tusk (4"), 1 emperor angel (5"), 1 hippo (2"), and 1 lunare wrasse(3").
I would like to add one more (final) fish to the tank. I like the flagfin angel and the chevron tang. Please help me decide which one to get and tell me why.
BTW, I am upgrading the tank to a 500 in the next few months so the lookdowns can swim freely.
cubuffs

pinktail

We just got a Chevron 3 days ago. Its absolutely beautiful! As to the flagfin, we were told to stay away from it, because its very difficult to keep. Both are beautiful fish for sure!

joker_ca

CHEVRON tang....great looking fish i would get that hands down, the only sucky thang about it is that it loses some of its color as an adult but great fish to have, since i cant afford one i got a rusty angle because it reminds me of one:happyfish

pinktail

Sorry, Blemmy, but where is the flagfin? Its a yellow angelfish with a purple mouth. Nice Idol and Naso though.

robchuck

That's actually a Heniochus is Blemmy_Guy's picture, commonly referred to as a Bannerfish, and I've also heard of it referred to as a Flagfin Bannerfish.

blemmy_guy

Yep its definatley not an Idol, heniochouse. I thought you were wanting one of these , sorry. Theres so many names for all the fish out there, im never really sure . Todd