Chiller?

nissan577

well if you get the Metal halide light they temp will be maybe at 80 since its an open hood. and air can hit it. but if you still wanna lower it more get this:
but since its gonna be a hoodless tank with these lights the cool air of the house could cool it more. theres fans out there that can cool it down way better. have the temp at 80 isnt bad. i have metal halides 175w and all my corals in my 29g are fine with the temp from 76-80. heres one fan i know about
:
Azoo Cooling Fans

Azoo Cooling Fans
* Powerful cooling fans increase air movement to reduce heat and humidity
* Easy-to-install cooling fans perfect for ventilating aquarium sump area
* Minimizes unwanted water temperature increase due to aquarium equipment
AzooLarge cooling fans provide powerful ventilation to reduce heat transference from aquarium equipment. Extremely quiet operation with adjustable positioning, perfect for sumps or for use in aquarium stands/cabinets to reduce humidity. Generates 10 times more cooling power than conventional fans to reduce temperature buildup by 5 to 7 degrees Fahrenheit. Easy to install - simply attach using screw-mounting brackets. High-quality plastic construction. 12V UL-Listed.
Model Air Flow (CFM) Dimensions Recommended up to
2 Fan Unit 31.57 7-3/4" x 4-3/4" 21 gallons
4 Fan Unit 38.56 14" x 4-3/4" 42 gallons
email me for more information and link
xmods577@yahoo.com
Carlos
Nano Reefer

mckevinfang

Originally Posted by jobu28
http:///forum/post/2984046
What size would be needed for a 34g Solana? Any recommendations if i decide to go this route?
i use a 1/20hp JBJ Arctica Chiller for my 14 gallon biocube works wonders you might want to try the 1/15hp or the 1/10hp chiller . good luck with your decision.