chiller

ewiski

i have a 58 gallon tank.i want to get a chiller.does anyone know how much it costs a month to run one?

it should be cheaper to run because you will be using direct cooling to your water instead of trying to lower the air temp in the entire house and using the convection method of cooling.

hi'n'dri

well i had a heat issue on my tank and just got a couple computer fans and used them ... the temps went from 87 down to 79. however the evaporation rate is really hi... I replace almost a gallon a day.( allthough i think this high of evap is unusual)

wildescott

Hi,
How did you hook up the fans? I am looking for a good way to hook up some fans and make them look good.

frankl15207

The cost of running it will depend on the temperature setting of the chiller and the temperature setting of the room. In normal weather, my chiller was set to go on at 79 and off at 77. The ambient temperature in that room is 78. The chiller generally ran about one hour on for every four hours off. The house is air conditioned.
Now that we have had temperatures in the 90s for the past week, and have had to raise the temperature of the air conditioner during the day to cut back on excess cooling, the chiller runs about 1 hour on and 2 hours off. I changed the chiller setting to 78 and 80, but that didn't change the interval. My tank is a 75 gallon with VHO lighting.
Hopefully you can translate that into the answer to your question.