Chillers

bobsingh1

I have a 29 gal reef tank and a 15 gal sump. I want to decrease water temp no more than four degrees during summer. Does anyone know of any chillers that cost less than arm and a leg and can do the job ?

jbirdy

coolworks ice probe. I never used it, but it's in a catalog I have. It can cool up to 10 gallons by 8 degrees.
I'm looking into getting one myself. I have a 55 gal tank. I don't think this one will be sufficient for my setup.

salttrigger

I just ordered a CoolWorks IceProbe it works for tanks up to 55 gallons I will get it by tuesday I let you know guys if it work.
It cost $119.00
[ May 04, 2001: Message edited by: SALTTRIGGER ]

sonny

another option would be to get a small window unit a/c for the room with the tank in it. you can get a small a/c for less than $200.
Sonny

wetbehindthegills

SALTRIGGER:
How did the CoolWorks IceProbe work for you? We have a 50gal reef tank which hovers around 85 degrees with powercompacts and UV sterilizer. Looking to drop temp. by 5 degrees.
Thanks for any advice!
Originally posted by SALTTRIGGER:
<strong>I just ordered a CoolWorks IceProbe it works for tanks up to 55 gallons I will get it by tuesday I let you know guys if it work.
It cost $119.00
[ May 04, 2001: Message edited by: SALTTRIGGER ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

dirtybilge

I have read that the coolworks iceprobe is usless over 25G and you need to cool 44G. Buy a dorm frigedge and DIY