China auto sales jump 78 percent in September

zman1

China has widened its lead over the U.S. as the world's top auto market, with September sales vaulting 78 percent, spurred by tax cuts and government stimulus spending.
We did both of those here -- Except we are moving away from what made us a wealthy nation, not just a few wealthy....
The nation now leads the world in sales, with 9.66 million vehicles selling over the first nine months of the year, up 34 percent from the same period last year. The U.S. ranks second, with January-September sales at about 7.8 million cars and light trucks, according to Autodata Corp.
Makes you wonder how China is becoming an economic super power - Perhaps international sellout and cheap doctrine. They have the strong industrial and manufacturing jobs we used to have. - Overall Trade deficits

GM is banking on China...

mantisman51

And AlGore and the other enviro-whackos want us to decimate our economy with the lunatic "global warming" bs and exempt them. I guess their pollution is less polluting.

sickboy

The chinese are just doing what smart people with disposable income would do....what until economic influences (i.e. global recession) drive price down, then buy up the items you need/want at a discount. I would venture to guess that proper savings over the years has a greater impact than either tax cuts or gov't stimulus.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by zman1
http:///forum/post/3161899
China has widened its lead over the U.S. as the world's top auto market, with September sales vaulting 78 percent, spurred by tax cuts and government stimulus spending.
We did both of those here -- Except we are moving away from what made us a wealthy nation, not just a few wealthy....
The nation now leads the world in sales, with 9.66 million vehicles selling over the first nine months of the year, up 34 percent from the same period last year. The U.S. ranks second, with January-September sales at about 7.8 million cars and light trucks, according to Autodata Corp.
Makes you wonder how China is becoming an economic super power - Perhaps international sellout and cheap doctrine. They have the strong industrial and manufacturing jobs we used to have. - Overall Trade deficits

GM is banking on China...
You're seeing stuff, then making completely wrong connections.
the facts are China pays those poor workers almost nothing. Like we used too during the peak of the industrial revolution.
China is freeing their economy. We aren't. We're nationalizing industries....
Last I checked, we aren't lowering Taxes. If anything, domestic industry is bracing for debilitating tax hikes. Hidden in Cap and Trade, Nationalized Healthcare, or blatent capital gains rate and income rate hikes...

zman1

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3162266
You're seeing stuff, then making completely wrong connections.
the facts are China pays those poor workers almost nothing. Like we used too during the peak of the industrial revolution.
China is freeing their economy. We aren't. We're nationalizing industries....
Last I checked, we aren't lowering Taxes. If anything, domestic industry is bracing for debilitating tax hikes. Hidden in Cap and Trade, Nationalized Healthcare, or blatent capital gains rate and income rate hikes...
Streb you the one that has said we are moving away from industial work - and to what I would call useless paper shuffling jobs. Just a natural transition.
Perhaps all the geniuses on Wall Street are being rewarded handsomely for their work in destroying the middle class. Well perhaps we can over time have the poverty cheap labor here again to compete. Short term gains for long term devistation.... Trade deficits
Not good for the honest HARD WROKING AMERICANS.

jackri

Why is it that Wall St is always evil, the "few" rich and HARD WORKING AMERICANS are always broke and pay the price?
America is still the land of opportunity and anyone who can do simple math with their hard day's wage can easily become wealthy over time in this country.
Why can China outsell us? No EPA, CHEAP CHEAP labor and no 4 day training seminars to use a 4ft ladder to change out a light bulb in the work place.

zman1

Originally Posted by jackri
http:///forum/post/3162515
Why is it that Wall St is always evil, the "few" rich and HARD WORKING AMERICANS are always broke and pay the price?
America is still the land of opportunity and anyone who can do simple math with their hard day's wage can easily become wealthy over time in this country.

Why can China outsell us? No EPA, CHEAP CHEAP labor and no 4 day training seminars to use a 4ft ladder to change out a light bulb in the work place.
Trade deficits
That's the evil.
Perhaps they are just lazy, working for the government - taking handouts

nigerbang

We have done this to ourselves.. We were once such a country focused on industry and making our own things.. now we rather buy cheaply made garbage from other countries and piss on our own..

zman1

Originally Posted by NigerBang
http:///forum/post/3162523
We have done this to ourselves.. We were once such a country focused on industry and making our own things.. now we rather buy cheaply made garbage from other countries and piss on our own.
+1 It is a national embarrassment and shame…

jackri

I'm not embaressed of my country. Some of the leaders (both sides)? Sure.
But when people I work with complain about jobs going over seas and buy knock off Ipods etc (yeah mostly made over there anyways) it's hard to listen to sometimes.

sickboy

If it is good quality and cheap, it is good for us though. IMO, the problem is not that we are losing manual labor jobs, the problem is we have become too lazy as a whole. Kids don't pay attention in school, and the teachers can't force them to pay attention b/c of stupid laws, and the parent's don't care. Apathy is destroying this country, not the Chinese or the trade deficit.
If we were properly training ourselves, we wouldn't care that there aren't as many manufacturing jobs. We would be on to the next thing, being innovators. The problem is that we haven't found a way to create jobs in the "brain" sectors, and computers have steadily eliminated these jobs as well.

zman1

Originally Posted by jackri
http:///forum/post/3162550
But when people
I work with complain about jobs going over seas and buy knock off
Ipods etc (yeah mostly made over there anyways) it's hard to listen to sometimes.
Like I said -- It is a national embarrassment and shame…

zman1

Originally Posted by sickboy
http:///forum/post/3162555
The problem is that we haven't found a way to create jobs in the "brain" sectors, and computers have steadily eliminated these jobs as well.
They have been exported to foreign soil, too. Heck, they have been brought to our country via H1Visas- Cheap labor doctrine - Wakeup.
The only jobs that can't be exported by business are service related (includes may I take your order) - You don't Export JOBS, you Export Products - If Americans want to win... Those crazy things we import -Products through Trade Deficits
Paper pusher jobs to some degree can be outsourced, too.

sickboy

http:///forum/post/3162568
They have been exported to foreign soil, too. Heck, they have been brought to our country via H1Visas- Cheap labor doctrine - Wakeup.
The only jobs that can't be exported by business are service related (includes may I take your order) - You don't Export JOBS, you Export Products - If Americans want to win... Those crazy things we import -Products through Trade Deficits
Paper pusher jobs to some degree can be outsourced, too.
Agreed. But back to what I said in my previous post, we wouldn't be losing "brain" jobs (for lack of a better term) if our education was keeping up with the rest of the world. Our education, especially in Math and Science, is getting blown away by other countries which is why other countries' engineers and computer programmers are being used. If the education is comparable and the price cheaper, the best business decision is to go with the cheaper price. This may not be best decision for the country as a whole, which is why I believe the free market is not always in line with domestic agenda/values.

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/3162509
Streb you the one that has said we are moving away from industial work - and to what I would call useless paper shuffling jobs. Just a natural transition.
Perhaps all the geniuses on Wall Street are being rewarded handsomely for their work in destroying the middle class. Well perhaps we can over time have the poverty cheap labor here again to compete. Short term gains for long term devistation.... Trade deficits
Not good for the honest HARD WROKING AMERICANS.
Well, I'll take my job for example. I'm working on a project outsourced from Europe to the United States. It is cheaper to do the job over here, then ship it back to Europe. Than it was for the company to do it in Europe. And enough of a price difference, where tree hugging, protectionist government officials couldn't justify awarding the job to their own company.
And you want to know why? Government regulations, taxes, labor laws, and environmental regulations priced them out of it.
It isn't "Wall Street" that is bad for hard working Americans. It is liberal ideology like higher taxes, shorter work weeks, tree hugging and prohibitively high taxes...

http:///forum/post/3162555
If it is good quality and cheap, it is good for us though. IMO, the problem is not that we are losing manual labor jobs, the problem is we have become too lazy as a whole. Kids don't pay attention in school, and the teachers can't force them to pay attention b/c of stupid laws, and the parent's don't care. Apathy is destroying this country, not the Chinese or the trade deficit.
If we were properly training ourselves, we wouldn't care that there aren't as many manufacturing jobs. We would be on to the next thing, being innovators. The problem is that we haven't found a way to create jobs in the "brain" sectors, and computers have steadily eliminated these jobs as well.
Quite frankly, until this recent upturn I'd ask where are the job losses? During the "height" of outsourcing of the 90's and early 00's. We had record low unemployment rates...

sickboy

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3162592
Quite frankly, until this recent upturn I'd ask where are the job losses? During the "height" of outsourcing of the 90's and early 00's. We had record low unemployment rates...
Yes, people did have jobs, but they were not good paying jobs, they were low paying service jobs. I will try to dig up the research I read that middle class real wages have been flat or slightly negative over the last 40 years and lower class real wages have significantly decreased. The quality of employment is as important as the quantity.

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/3162600
Yes, people did have jobs, but they were not good paying jobs, they were low paying service jobs. I will try to dig up the research I read that middle class real wages have been flat or slightly negative over the last 40 years and lower class real wages have significantly decreased. The quality of employment is as important as the quantity.
lol considering the very definition of Middle class would be middle, and if they went up, you'd be going to the upper class. I'd really like to see a study...