Choc Chip ?? HELP I THINK HE'S DEAD??

ezgoze

I am new, I have a 15 gal tank that went through the 2 week process with a shrimp, all levels were good. 5 days ago I got 2 blue tail damsels, 2 snails and a choc chip. PLEASE BARE WITH ME NOW>>> the choc chip has been doing good (at least i thought), moving all over, ... Today I got home and he looks funny. The part of him that sticks to the glass looks like he bloomed or flowered out his insides????? I didn't see any movement from the little suction things. So I went to move him and part of the "bloom" went back in?????? IS he dying??? Do I need to get him out of the tank ASAP?????:help: :help:

duke13

If the part that 'bloomed' came from the center of his body, than you are witnessing him eating (they dissolve their food with their 'bloom'). Easiest way to tell if a starfish is dying is to look for deterioration of their legs (looks like flaking white chunks).

ezgoze

I was really hoping that is what I would hear after finally finding some kinda info. Thanks so much!!

snipe

They expell there stomache to eat when it is to big and they dont do a hole lot while eating.