chocolate chip starfish feed to much??

cldburton

I have a chocolate chip starfish that will go the top of the tank and wait to be feed shrimp brine or krill. He eats anything and everything that I give him.
I have often that one of the leading causes of death to a starfish is starvation but can you feed one to much???
I currently feed him 2x a day.

dfishh

i also hav a chocochip, but hes really small in terms of how large choclate chips tend to be. so i feed him somtimes, and other times he just grazes of lr and the glass. mines been alive for about 5 months with this feeding scedule, so i guess it just depends on the size. i dont know really but thats my guess.
DAVE
PS Question
one of my stars little chocolate chips has fallen off, and i dont know y, it could have been bitten of but i dont think so. theres wite stuff forming on the emty spot, so i think its growing back. anyone know wat this is?

moorishidol

I had one the size of my hand. Very large. He ate everything. I thought hed be ok with the live rock in my tank. I was wrong. Hed eat those things dry. Hed pounce on my snails and eat them too. He would come out and fee when I fed my fish so I never had a problem feeding him. Mine lost a chocolate chip which was relaced by white stuff for a time and then there was nothing so I cant really tell you if it was growing back or not. I doubt it. If you have lots of tight places he couldve lost one that way or depending on the type of fish you have they could possibly have done it. I returned him to the pet store not too long after I got him due to him eating my life off the live rock. Whats the point of live rock if there is no life. Plus that stuffs 50x more expensive than he'll ever be.