chocolate chip starfish question (of course)

ijeh99

I have had my starfish for a week now. It moves a lot. It doesn't want to eat anything I put near its mouth - it slowly makes the food slide off into the aquarium. The starfish seems to know when feeding time is for the fish - so it comes close to where I feed my little rascals and bends backwards with its feelers moving around. How do I make my starfish eat when I want it to? How do I make sure it never captures my three little rascals in its feelers? Once again I would appreciate any suggestions any one can offer. I love my aquarium just the way it is meaning I will not add more stuff in my aquarium unless mr. starfish ends up eating someone.

S

starfishjackedme

What are you feeding it? A piece of shrimp from the store works well. Make sure it is thawed all the way through first. They can go a week without eating, just keep offering it something every few days.

carrie1429

I feed my choc. chips green seaweed selects, they seem to like it a lot. I just lift them up and put a peice of seaweed under them and they eat it.

S

sandy

Same here - my cc loves seaweed. I put some green seaweed under 'em (or on the glass) and it sits there and eats every last scrap. Seaweed is all I've seen the thing eat.

ijeh99

I have tried to fded it seaweed and shrimp pellets. It must have eaten lots before I got it - so I will give it time to adjust to the aquarium. I just wish it wouldn't put those feelers out so my fishies won't get attached to them by mistake.

peasly1

I dont think you need to worry about the cc eating any fish that are alive,maybe dead one though...I've kept one in a 30 gal. 3 yrs now ,started out very small and I give it a piece of krill or shrimp once in a while,but I also think that it eats left over food and cleans the top of the dsb...